Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obersaxen and area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having spent a few days recently in Vals, which in the winter has just 8 ski runs, it has got us thinking about trying out lesser known (well, lesser know to us) resorts in Switzerland and one not far from Vals is Obersaxen which we've never heard of and yet looks big.

eng_ch, you mentioned in one of my other postings that you know this area well. We were thinking of driving over and basing ourselves somewhere like this and then trying out one or two of the smaller ones for a day. Does this sound feasible or are you likely to be chasing your tail, if you see what I mean? Are you able to say if the snow is generally good in January?

We've never driven to a ski resort before and have been told rather than swopping to winter tyres or using chains you can now get something that covers your tyres and is secured by velcro. Anyone heard of this?

Thank you!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I asked a similar question a while back:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=39612

At the time we were going to stay in Laax over Christmas/New Years and day trip to some of the small resorts in the area. I thought Vals looked pretty damn good, and other options were Disentis, Obersaxen, Lenzerheide and Arosa. Of course Davos/Kloster and St. Moritz aren't all that far away, but certainly don't count as "small" or "lesser known".

Illanz looks like a good base. Vals, Obersaxen, Disentis, and Laax are linked in easily with public transport from there, as well. Or Chur, which gets you closer to Lenzerheide, Arosa, Davos/Kloster and St. Moritz

We ended up changing our booking to Bad Gastein due to cost, but I'd still love to do a road trip in that area at some point.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ami in berlin, Hi, thanks for this. Illanz looked a nice town about only about 20k from Vals and yes, would be a good base. We stayed at the Hotel Therme in Vals (highly recommended) but pricey. We've been to Klosters a few times but do like the idea of staying in a small town and trying more local resorts. Will keep looking into it! Thanks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy