Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Super Cheap Deal

Poster: A snowHead
http://uk.hotels.travelzoo.com/european-hotels/468968

not bad price
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jase2472, do you have a pair of grass skis, should be OK for them on those dates wink Laughing

Seriously, wouldn't want to risk it that early or late without being certain about snow conditions.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
luigi, at the bottom of the page it says you can go in Jan for £132
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jase2472, that's were we went in April this year - got hugely lucky with snow fall, but it was a decent little resort, and a stunningly cheap deal.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Travelzoo tip: You can also go on 10 or 17 January for £132 per person, also including a FREE lift pass.

How on earth can they do it that cheap, the pass must cost that much alone ? Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Based on 4 people, so does it include 4 free lift passes or A free lift pass?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll declare an interest, as I do work in ski travel, but it worries me to see such very, very low prices. I've seen instances of companies trying to be the cheapest, undercutting left, right and centre and even on occassion, selling for less than they buy it for, and it rarely ends well. Even if they have the purchasing power to do very good deals with owners, lift pass offices etc., where are they making any profit Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, Anniepen, No idea how they make any money at all, we paid around £100 each for the appt in April and it came with a lift pass each! Not the biggest resort ever, but we had a great time - it did help that we must have had 2 or 3 feet of snow in the week (mid April...) Laughing

Add to that cost the £67 return flights and the £43 return private transfer, all in all, a cracking week!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, I am an owner of an apartment at Chamrousse - the prices are relatively cheap as the Domaine de Arselle has over 500 apartments and accommodation for over 2000 guests. This is a private area of Chamrousse with it's own sport centre, restaurant/ bar, ski shops, food store and recently a new bar has opened at the Domaine. There isn't many hotels/ apartments in the Alpes that have as many facilites for its guests. I can't recommend the place enough but then I do have an interest in the Domaine.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
luigi wrote:
jase2472, do you have a pair of grass skis, should be OK for them on those dates wink Laughing

Seriously, wouldn't want to risk it that early or late without being certain about snow conditions.

28th March is not that late, click on the book link and there are loads of other similar deals
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
10th and 17th of Januari for 132 pounds. Thats not a problem snowwise and still as cheap as it gets.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've booked with Snowtrex for Val Cenis, they are ridiculously cheap. We got an apartment that sleeps 8 for the 6 of us, £140 a head, lift passes included.
Snowtrex is a german company, quite a large one apparently. I asked if anyone else here had used them before, and got a positive response.
If Jan goes well I'm thinking of Chamrousse next....maybe in the spring if it's cheap enough (and it snows)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've got a booking with Snowtrex for a half-term break, so fingers crossed that they are decent. They do seem ludicrously cheap. Have you seen their 'crazy booking nights'? Unbelievable.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ncorps, (or anyone else!)

Can you tell me more about Chamrousse?? Cheap deals are very appealing, but I have to admit I've never heard of it. Have been to Kitzbuhel, Les Gets, and Les Menuires before if that helps with comparisons? A couple of our party are very good skiers - will they be bored?? (I have trouble persuading the boyf away from the big French resorts!)

Thanks,
Claire.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
youspurs1,
Have been looking at 'Snowtrex' deals.................are youprotected in the event of a company collapse ( a la XL)?
snow conditions
Mitchell, http://www.snowtrex.co.uk/book_with_confidence.html?PHPSESSID=0d967491e37a930f5743cc13afd987d6
snow report
I'm looking at booking Residhotel in Val Cenis for 4th to 11th April. The price is €303 for 6 of us so €60.50 per head so around £240 for a week. This is our first family skiing holiday (I'm the only skier in the family) and we were looking for somewhere in a French speaking area which was cheap, quiet and good for families - 4 kids aged 3 to 12 years old. Could anyone beat that price or tell us Val Cenis is really a bad choice?

Thanks

http://www.residhotel.com/vacances/hiver/ski/alpes-du-nord/val-cenis/valmonts-de-cenis.php#
ski holidays
wildnoon,
I had a great tim in VC & would recommend it, ideal for first family ski holiday...............however, I would wait till much later to book this ; there will be loads of accomodation available for that time, even if the snow is megga deep.
Good luck
Mitch
snow report
Tricky one. Check out VC using the 'forum Search' option, no bad comments.
But booking now for that late in the season might leave you with a walking holiday...there will be some snow there, but maybe only high up, so not good for beginners.
Coin toss time, but I'd go with Mitchell, and wait.
latest report
Hi Cxxx, Chamrousse is a typically French resort away from the British crowd - this is mainy a family resort very close to Grenoble with excellent views. There are about 100Km of piste. Chamrousse is well known in France as the first place alpine sking took place in France and also because of the 1968 winter olympics. Depending on the standard of your friends they may well require a larger skiing area. But my friends and I are good snowboarders we enjoy Chamrousse as it a fun and friendly resort rather than the larger French resorts aimed at the British.

http://www.chamrousse.com/hiver2008-2009/

Here are a couple of links to the competitions last season:

http://www.chamrousse.com/hiver2008-2009/films.php
http://www.myspace.com/sunsetsnowpark

As has been mentioned snowtrek are offering some cheap deals but the main holiday operator for the Domain is Mvacances (part of P&V) -

http://www.mvacances.com/fr/location-vacances/vacances-montagne-1/le-domaine-de-l-arselle-172.html
http://www.thomsonski.co.uk/destinations/france/chamrousse/chamrousse.html?cmp=Thomson_Ski_France&kw=Chamrousse+P
latest report
itried so called ''crazy booking night'' from snowtrax.co.uk web site, entered all my information about 4 persons, went through all the booking process, entered my VISA card details, and then bang - been thrown to main site, no confirmation about the booking. Tried to contact the snowtrax by email as the help phone provided available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. , got reply in few days - they can not help me. My friend tried to book cheap holliday and got same nothing even cheap packages been advertised £35 for next 30 minutes since we failed with the bookings and then dissapeared. I got impression those cheap rooms are non existing and support was less then poor. I know friends who had bad experience with snowtrax last year ass well, they just came at evening to the resort, found nobody from the company, left the voices on company voice machine and went to look for the hotel to spend the night. They met company representatives next day and call been returned in few days. Never will bother with them anymore
ski holidays
rai555 wrote:
itried so called ''crazy booking night'' from snowtrax.co.uk web site,

All your references in that post were to snowtrax, but that won't get you far, since the company is actually Snowtrex.

I take your point about the resort experience of your friends, but are you sure that your issues with the website weren't down to you not being in the UK?

I must admit, I am not inspired with confidence in them, looking at some aspects of what they offer. The prices do look good, but you have to remember that if you book including flights, then the flights will be with Easyjet or similar. If you book half board, then you will not usually be eating evening meals in the hotel where you are staying. And they not only don't include transfers, but also don't seem to have any option of booking transfers through them. That tends to bump up the "real" price quite a bit.

It looks like their "packages" are really a collection of bits rather than a genuine packaged operation.
snow conditions
My experience with snowtrex was absolutely fine. "No frills" of course, but the price I paid for a half-term trip was incredible.

Their email customer support was excellent. Generally I would receive replies the same day, and I made a lot of support enquiries for one reason and another.

As for the chap's friends who arrived in the 'evening'. There is an 'arrive by' time in the T&Cs and you have to make special arrangements if you're going to be late. I think this is fair enough. Did they exceed that, I wonder?

The only two problems I had with them was: a limited window of oppportunity to find the rep and collect the lift passes, which meant we missed a couple of hours skiing time (normally I'd be on first lift but the rep couldn't dish out the passes until 10:30 or so on the first day), and despite us leaving the room spick and span at the end of the trip they had a moan at us and made us go back and straighten a duvet and empty a bin. But I've had this with DIY accomodation loads of times as well and it wasn't a deal breaker.

I would use them again.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy