Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inghams rescheduled Manchester to Calgary Flights

Poster: A snowHead
Had the letter this morning.
All Saturday flights from manchester to calgary have been cancelled.

The options are change to Wednesday flight from Manchester, or to a Saturday flight from Gatwick.

Change to a European hoilday with a £40pp goodwill refund off the chosen Euro holiday.

A full refund.

Or a rebook of your accommodation if you source your own flights.

We have now changed to a Wednesday flight with Thomas Cook, flying from Manchester on 28th Jan for 14 nights.

They confirmed that they only have the following seat numbers available on the 2 dates that I inquired about:

Wednesday 21st Man to Cal - 119 seats as of 11.45 today
Wednesday 28th Man to Cal - 112 seats as of 11.45 today

I would recommend all those who need to change do it as quickly as possible because I asked if they had enough seats to cover what they had originally sold, they declined to comment and said to book as soon as possible to avoid dissappointment!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bunch of tossers. That's got to be disappointing for those on 7 or 14 day trips.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There were some fast phone calls to my girl and the other couple we are going away with to try and get all our holiday dates changed for the same date, all sorted now though, I don't think Thomas Cook will be going under............
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Should be interesting for those who have booked 10 days Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just re-booked and got 14 days for the same cost as 11 so top marks to Inghams.

Now just got to sort the extra 3 days holiday Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
this has affected my trip to Banff Crying or Very sad

I booked in March through Thomson Ski. After reading this thread I contacted them and am totally disappointed and disgusted by what they have said. Mad They said a letter was sent out on 24.9.08 - never received it so had a copy emailed to me.

The alternatives they are offering, apart from a refund, are all "subject to availability and prevailing prices". The only suggestion they had was for us to travel to Heathrow for a scheduled flight to Calgary at an additional cost of £205.00 each which included flight from Manchester to Heathrow.

We went into a Thomson travel agents this morning and the lady there spoke to Thomson Ski and she was told that they would be putting on a free transfer flight to Heathrow. Rang Thomson when I got home and was told that they were not providing free transfer flights and would absolutely not be picking up any extra charges that customers may incur because of the flight cancellation.

I have obviously cancelled with them and have now booked through Inghams. Because I originally booked in March I was able to get a room for 2, therefore no under occupancy charge. Inghams can only do a room for 1 to 4 people therefore I have to pay an extra £322 for under occupancy. Inghams is 14 nights instead of 11 so I guess the under occupancy charge goes some way to covering the additional 5 nights we are getting.

I am extremely dischuffed with the lack of help/customer care from Thomson compared to what Inghams have offered those affected by these circumstances.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dobz, - bad luck! Sad The response from Thomson, with one person telling your Travel Agent that they were putting on a free transfer flight to Heathrow, only for that to be denied when you contacted them beggars belief. They obviously can't organise the proverbial p!ss up in a brewery. rolling eyes

PS I'm sure you will enjoy your trip to Banff - have you been before?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 4-10-08 16:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Makes the current Thomson advert on telly seem like a load of bull, doesn't it. "Come and see us, we'll sort out your problems" More like "We'll create problems, then leave you to sort them out!"
Touch wood, nothing like this has ever happened to me. Must be very annoying.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink, Never been to Canada before and have been really looking forward to it (since March Laughing ). I know I will enjoy it and at least we have an extra 5 days to enjoy.

youspurs1, Spot on - that sprang to my mind. Mind you, in fairness to the lady in the Thomson travel agents, she did try her best to help us out.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dobz, Hope you enjoy it , one thing puzzles me tho - where do the extra 5 days come from ?

I understand you had originally booked 11 days and are now going for 14 Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bones, Aha, someone spotted the deliberate mistake. You get a gold star wink

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had the confirmation invoice from Inghams on Friday, attached was a £90.00 cheque refund as the 14 day holiday with flights and accomms is now cheaper since having to switch airlines!!! so the total cost for 14nts room only inc flights has now only cost me £411.50pp, what a result snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mark handford, Dobz,
What a contrast between the way Inghams have handled this, and the way Thompsons have. I'm sure the total disregard for their customers needs that Thompsons have shown, will come back to bite them in the long run.
So glad i booked with Inghams Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mark handford, Nice one Smile

Rookiemark, I shan't be using Thomsons again Mad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dobz, Hiya - just read your post. We booked months ago with Thomson to go for 11 nts to Banff ex Manchester with Monarch. Had the same letter and called them str8 away panicking to be told that it would cost us an extra £298 each (for 3 of us) to fly ex Man now with Air Canada or an extra £105 pp to fly from Heathrow with Air Canada.

I was quite pleased as I'd read some right reviews from unhappy flyers who flew with Monarch - So, now just looking at hotels in London for an over night stay before we fly ex LHR. Never flown long haul before and deffo looking more 4wd to it than I was when we were flying Monarch wink

We go 17th January, can't wait now already checked the webcams and it's snowing already snowHead

Just wanted to say have a wicked time and might see ya there wink

Leedslips
snow report
Leedslips, Glad you got it sorted. The schedule flight will give you more leg room and you can take extra luggage.

We are now going on 7th Feb until 18th - paying the underoccupancy charge is less than going from Heathrow. Bonus is extra nights and a Superior room.

Have a great time - I know we will. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy