Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Myslopes.com: New European Skiing portal just launched

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

We just launched a new skiing portal focused on Europe; Myslopes.com.

We offer snow reports, snow forecasts for all major ski resorts in:

France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Czech Republic, Andorra, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Spain

Please let us know what you think on Skiing in Europe or on our website in general.

We will be developing and improving the website in the upcoming months, but if you have suggestions let us know

Thanks for all your feedback in advance!

Myslopes.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not very ggod really
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Better than I expected but then my expectations were pretty low given the number of such sites that get set up.

Hard to see the point though, no USP or interesting editorial and teh usual bollux ranking of resorts - here curiously 3 valleys is best for everything ( even without a Russian hookers and blow category)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm afraid to say I struggle to see what information or service it can offer that isn't already available on a multitide of existing sites. Or am I missing something? Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I looked at the Val d'Isere page ( http://www.myslopes.com/france/snow-report-val-d-isere.php ) and I giggled all the way through. Is this intended to be a comedy site?
Quote:
One of the oldest and most history-rich wintersportdorpen
Wintersportdorpen?
Quote:
in the Alps, Val d'Isere. ... Renovated, it now consists mainly of beautiful chalets and a more mundane appearance.
More mundane. I imagine that the Mayor would disagree.
Quote:
In Espace killy winter sports enthusiasts have the opportunity to compete in the glaciers of both the villages hot all-year-round skiing.
Do hot glaciers come from global warming
Quote:
The Grande Motte glacier at Tignes runs through Lavachet over the area around Val dÍsere.
So both Lavachet and Val d'Isere are on the same glacier
Quote:
Snowboarding in Val d'Isère
Tignes is the ultimate destination for Snowboarders.
For snowboarding in Val d'Isere go to Tignes
Quote:
With more than 14 ski schools, Val d Isere has a huge range of skiles.
"skiles" there is a new word for me. Wonder what it means.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Adrian, I got a bit confused as well:

Quote:
Skischools Les Trois Vallees
In which of the more than 8 ski resorts in the winter you also, in every part of Les Trois Vallees ski schools are several available that you extended to the area to some.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They can't even get information right either

Quote:
The ESF - French ski school - from Serre Chevalier is enormous with more than 350 ski instructors. (esf-serrechevalier.com) Briançon is also a British ski school where we have very good experience, namely Eureka Ski. (eurekaski.com)
Eurekaski operate in Monetier.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow in Europe, that is one poor piece of writing. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Unless you can get someone who can actually write English with a degree of style and fluency, you really should stick to writing in languages you know about things you actually understand.

Hope you appreciate the feedback!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And where the hell in Serre Chevalier is Freistadt
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I have to thank this site for opening my eyes to the possibilities of Liechtenstein, a ski destination I had not considered before Confused As they say, "The ski area Malbun is the only ski area in Liechtenstein. Malbun offers a ski area that is particularly popular among people who live near or in Liechtenstein". I can hear the sceptics chortling, but there's more :- "The slopes of Malbun may not be very large, but the lifts, trails and other facilities are perfect."

No more La Rosiere for me!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One of the funniest web sites I have read in years.

Did you know-"Austria has slopes everyone"
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
robnic, that's a recent addition to the Austrian ski areas. Until the turn of the century they were only for taxi drivers and unionised cake decorators.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think I can smell a babel fish ....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hyweljenkins, Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hyweljenkins, Laughing
snow report
And I can't wait until 4pm next time I'm in Flachau:

Apres ski in Flachau
After a delicious day of skiing there is a good apres ski in Flachau. At exactly 16.00 hours, it all begins. In several occasions, there is a party for everyone. Of course, there are also other apres ski possibilities, such as a trip on the sleigh.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
No Suisse Romande, good work Snow in Europe. Cool
latest report
apparently Argentiere is part of the Alpe d'Huez area. Who know? Puts that new lift in Whistler to shame!
snow report
Arno, additionally advanced skiers in L2A should go to AdH where they can ski the 17km Saranne in nearly 1 1/2 hours of non-stop descent. I make that an average speed of 12 km/h, maybe I do ride fast after all.

In fact everyone should just go to AdH as that's the location on the L2A piste map too.
latest report
Maybe it makes more sense if you read the Dutch site.

In English, it's pretty awful.
ski holidays
Brian, there's no mention of Val d'Anniviers anywhere Toofy Grin wink
latest report
Snow in Europe, Your site is so bad it hardly seems worth commenting on other than to advise anyone to AVOID at all costs. Possibly even worse than the 10 year old who launched something similar last year.

Like many I have only looked at the areas I know best ..Gstaad and the Alpes Maritime (France)

The latter doesnt even exist despite some of the other 'quaint' resort references (perhaps I should have looked in a different country) .

Your observations and commentary on Gstaad and the surrounding area is so factually 'wrong' I wouldn't even know where to start to correct, apart from starting again.

Good try for a Tuesday .. what you doing tomorrow? www.mynuclearphysics.com? Apologies for being so rude but it is awful in the small extracts I've read.
snow report
I like the picture across the top, and the font is OK.
snow report
Some of the copy might be debatable but in terms of appearance, functionality and value as a portal, it's not bad. It's early days, but at least it's not a glorified bulletin board that's prone to plagiarism. snowHead
snow report
zammo wrote:
And I can't wait until 4pm next time I'm in Flachau:

Apres ski in Flachau
After a delicious day of skiing there is a good apres ski in Flachau. At exactly 16.00 hours, it all begins.

Sign at the bottom of one of the slopes says "Apres ski bar - opens 11AM" Toofy Grin now that's Apres Austrian style!!!
latest report
Not a very stimulating site (I'm being kind). Anyone launching a new "portal" to a discerning audience better make sure its brilliant or don't bother. Judging by the reaction above, nobody would revisit the site and that's where it'll fail.
ski holidays
I'm OUT
ski holidays
Thank you very much for all of your feedback. I guess we were asking for it. This has made one thing very clear: we desperately need to revise our English copy, apart from adding new functionality in the upcoming months as the ski-season approaches.

Adrian, the text about Val d'Isere has been adjusted,
Alastair the text about skischools les trois vallees has been changed.
Helen Beaumont, the skischool you mentioned have been placed in the correct part of Serre-Chevalier and Freistadt has been removed.
Arno Argentiere has been placed in the correct skiing area.

Stoatsbrother, Yoda, robnic, hyweljenkins, zammo, Anniepen, zammo, brian , Swirly, ami in berlin, Boredsurfing , Agenterr , masmith, bh1, FenlandSkier, Bode Swiller and red 27, also thank you for your feedback.

Maybe we should have stapled BETA on top of the logo, just to manage expectations. We will post a new, revised version of Myslopes.com in a couple of months time. Hopefully we might be able to surprise you all, perhaps not but we hope you will give comments again.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow in Europe, thanks for a reasonable response. Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
Snow in Europe,

Fair enough. FWIW, I though some of the comments were mean so glad you took them well
latest report
Snow in Europe, have you any video of you skiing that we can comment on? Little Angel
ski holidays
excellent site...well done (please update the piste map in the Jungfrau Region...its way out dated)
snow conditions
@Chris Brookes: we've updated the Jungfrau piste map. thanks for the comment
ski holidays
Snow in Europe, could you have a button on each resort page which allows the reader to post corrections and/or suggestions ?
snow report
Snow in Europe wrote:
@Chris Brookes: we've updated the Jungfrau piste map. thanks for the comment

not yet you haven't as its still the same. Also you have put 4 pictures up on the Jungfrau Region (1,Eiger Monch & Jungfrau Mountains // 2, Grindelwald village at night // 3, Murren ........but showing 2 chairlifts with the Eiger in the background Puzzled Laughing Laughing // 4, Wengen village after it snowed)

Why haven't you shown a picture of Murren village in its glory ...like this one ??

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 1-10-08 21:21; edited 3 times in total
snow report
masmith wrote:
Snow in Europe, could you have a button on each resort page which allows the reader to post corrections and/or suggestions ?

good idea !
ski holidays
Snow in Europe, After you were slammed by snowheads, you took it rather well so you must be congratulated
snow report
@masmith: That is a good idea. We'll try to build that in this weekend.
@Chris Brookes: I didn't publish the update, my mistake. An updated piste map and a new an improved picture of Mürren are online Smile

Thanks again snowheads!
ski holidays
Snow in Europe wrote:
@masmith: That is a good idea. We'll try to build that in this weekend.
@Chris Brookes: I didn't publish the update, my mistake. An updated piste map and a new an improved picture of Mürren are online Smile

Thanks again snowheads!

still an old piste map, new one at (few changes since that one )

http://www.interlaken.ch/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2FPanoramakarte-gr.jpg&width=800m&height=600m&bodyTag=%3Cbody%20bgcolor%3D%22black%22%3E&wrap=%3Ca%20href%3D%22javascript%3Aclose%28%29%3B%22%3E%20%7C%20%3C%2Fa%3E&md5=a669eefa353c86f4e9ea04af118ba045

or use this link to the Murren piste map -

http://www.schilthorn.ch/incms_files/filebrowser/cache/Schilthorn-Winter-A4_5261e84660ca59a6ea51265f114c5013.jpg

don't mind you using my pic aslong as you credit it to me !
latest report
take my hat of to these guys......humble and willing to listen, a good sign Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy