Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone skied Monday to Monday?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for a week (but would do 5 days) skiing in Europe departing London on Monday 16th Feb '09 - not flexible unfortunately. Everywhere I've looked only has packages available Saturday to Saturday and if you create your own trip with individual flights, accomodation, transfers etc, they always come out way more expensive. It's going to be a bonus second ski holiday if I can do it (going to La Plagne in March) so need to make it as cheap as possible.

Anyone any ideas, or websites/companies they know of that could do this?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2000overdrive, Hi - welcome to Snow Heads if you haven't been already snowHead You will find these dates very difficult if not impossible to meet, I'm afraid. The only UK half term week for next year (there are usually two in mid-Feb) is 14/2 - 21/2/09. You can certainly book something and arrive on the Monday, but you'll most likely have to leave on Saturday 21/2 and still pay for a full week, as owners will be relucant to take less than a full week's booking in a peak week. Sorry Sad There certainly won't be anything cheap, unless you leave it until the last possible moment to see if there is any late availabilty
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2000overdrive, welcome to SnowHeads. Unfortunately, that week will be the busiest week of the winter, all the Uk schools are off, half of France is on holiday,the Dutch schools are on holiday, and it may be the start of Fasching in Austria. You are very unlikely to get accommodation for that week which is not Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun. You may have to settle for the 5 nights, and pay for 7. The flights are so expensive for that week because of the half-term.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2000overdrive, I did a few days last half term (Thursday to Sunday I think). However it was a very small Italian resort, Foppolo, flying into Bergamo. It's not big enough for a week though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FYI
Fasching 2009
Weiberfastnacht Do. 19. Februar
Rosenmontag Mo. 23. Februar
Faschingsdienstag Di 24. Februar
Aschermittwoch Mi. 25. Februar
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
2000overdrive, that week will be the busiest week of the winter, all the Uk schools are off, half of France is on holiday,the Dutch schools are on holiday, .

Belgium too, I think Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anniepen, I suspect you will be right.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DIY, hire car, hotel in valley/nearest big town & drive every day - otherwise good luck
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know one place who will most likely take your booking, but its totally lacking in any form of luxery. The price of this 'hotel' is likewise (32-42 swiss francs/ 17-22 pounds per night). Its in Lauterbrunnen/Jungrau region/Switzerland. Their website is www.hornerpub.ch (no it doesn't look fancy). 10 minute walk, or 2 minute with the orange shuttlebus to to the train station up to either Wengen or Murren.

They are totally budget, but very friendly and helpful, at least to me wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yeah I reall think you need to look at tbe budget/backpakers type places as these tend to be fully into the whole pay per night basis. But tranfers will be tricky (other than hire car) as the 'bum a seat on the tourbus' option won't be there.

Personally I don't like skiing when it's silly busy as you get long lift lines, queues at the bar etc and given it's 1/2 term week moast popular places will be horrendous, and getting flights etc at realstic prices will be a bit of nightmare..

Places that spring to mind as being in the 1st category -

Verbier - http://www.thebunker.ch/index.html

Tignes - http://www.chaletchardons.com/

Kitzbuhl - http://www.snowbunnys.co.uk/

Good Luck!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You could book the two weeks and then try and find some friends to take the rest of the second week from you maybe. Or do as Fatbob says
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the replies everyone... I'll look into the budget/backpacker places if they're more likely to do pay-per-night, but if it's going to be that busy it might not be worth the hassle.

I think I might have to just settle for one ski holiday next year! Crying or Very sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy