Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Zurich to Zurs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would be grateful for any views on this at half term 2009. We (family of 4) are flying to Zurich on Friday 13th February 2009 (I know rolling eyes ), hiring a car at the airport and then aiming to travel early on Saturday up to Zurs. Any recommendations for hotels near the airport, any advice on the likely traffic situation and the best route, etc. We then have to do the return journey on the following Saturday night for a flight on Sunday morning. I am a bit worried that this might clash with the local (national?) holiday that appears to start that weekend.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can you not get the train to Langen and then 5 mins in taxi. Think the train is a direct one, although never taken it myself. Have done the trip from Innsbruck on Saturdays and it's a doddle. Have also done it from Friedrichshafen by train and car and Saturday seems to get really busy on the border.
Take it that the Zurs hotel only do Saturday exchanges as it seems a pity to stay overnight in Zurich with Zurs only 2 hours away. Personally I would do the train and have spoken with folk that have done the Zurich to Langen/St Anton train and love it. St Anton website good for timetable etc. http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/winter/ViewPage.asp?Site=STANTON2-WINTER&PageID=206&lang=201
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.lech-zuers.at/xxl/_lang/en/_season/at2/_area/585614/_subArea/585704/_inc/anreise/index.html

Tips for travelling in winter
There are good rail connections to the Arlberg from Austria, Germany and Switzerland and from the airports Zürich and Innsbruck. We recommend that car drivers plan their journey – especially on Saturdays during the main season – so that they avoid the sections Feldkirch-Lech and Imst-Lech between 9.30 am and 2.00 pm. On the way back, there is a likelihood of traffic jams between 10.30 am and 3.00 pm.
Please note that the connection between Lech and Warth is closed during the winter season due to the risk of avalanches. So we recommend to NOT plan your arrival via the Lechtal or the Bregenzerwald.
unquote

I presume you arriving late on Friday. Looks better to avoid tavelling there on the Saturday morning by car. You certainly pick your dates - Use the train or you better book your car & hotel ASAP.

Good luck - The weis ring is my favorite loop give my regards to the Champagne Bar staff at top of Zugerbergbahn and at Peterboden as I don't think I can make it next year Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't see the point of arrving early and staying over..but if you must, use the car and stay on the way...the hotel will be much cheaper I'd have thought. then a quick scoot along the valley and you are there.

Or, as others have said...use the train to the nearest station and end up somewhere near Stuben and then cab up the valley.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's also the Arlberg Express. A bus from the Zurich airport directly to the resort villages. We found it very convenient going to Lech. Do a google search.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lechbob, Many thanks for info. We have already booked the car and decided to drive because the thought of humping all our stuff on and off even more transfer vehicles (trains, buses and taxis), not to mention the kids travel sickness, etc, etc, made this the least painful option. It left us needing to find a hotel en-route and needing to try to avoid some of the expected bad traffic.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Car to Zurs

Two problems as I see it.

1. February you have to consider the weather. Quite often the biggest storms are in February & THe Arlberg Pass- Zurs can & does get closed to all but non essential. Taxis,Buses get priority.

2. The car sits in the Hotel car park for the whole week which seems a waste of money.

Really the train is not that bad. There always folk around to help with the luggage. The trains work like clockwork. The 13.40 from Zurich SBB will get you into Langam am Arlberg at 16:01. Then its Bus its Taxi upto Zurs.

http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/dn?seqnr=3&ident=28.031376216.1222848321&guiVCtrl_connection_detailsOut_setStatus_C1-1_allHalts=yes&OK#cis_C1-1
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The train to St Anton was quite relaxing, and you can have a few beers too Very Happy same train as Zurs
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Make sure that you have snow chains as from personal experience the road does get a lot of snow on it and can be quite bad when snowing. (Interesting to note in this months Daily Mail mag that Zurs has the 2nd best snow record in Alps, only to beaten by Warth, which is just along the road from Lech but cut off in winter). Also will you get free car parking?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy