Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier Hi-Res Piste Map? / local info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have a hi-res piste map of Verbier / 4 valleys they could point a link to or email. I''ve done the obvious googling and obtained the standard JPEG one which is about 22k. Then the reort map doesn't really cover the whole 4v area which is a bit rubbish really. My issues is that as a boarder I'm not really a fan of drag lifts, and having had a look at a map online it doesn't look that easy to get back to the main resort from nendaz or veysonnaz without using drags..but it's hard to tell and that's why I'd like a pointer to a hi-res map if anyone has one. Plus correct me if I'm wrong but the majority of the runs around veysonnaz appear to be drag lift powered.

Comments please
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bertie bassett, There are indeed a fine selection of drag lifts in that area and I think getting back from Veysonnaz without using any of them is literally impossible (ok, you could walk...) The skiing over there is really only 'OK' too, although doubltless founder members of the "T-Bar 'n' Red Run" club will be along shortly to disagree

interactive map here http://ski.intermaps.ch/printze/index.swf?lang=en&Reg=zm0
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I quite like the interactive map - it could do with fleshing out with mor edetai & photos. I think I can dig out a paper version if your desperate. I skied Verbier at the end of last season & links were closed to the other valleys despite lots of snow - only got as far as Siviez. However it was wonderful with more than enough piste & off piste for week - I am don't think the 4V 's are connected that well not like 3V etc but if you are based in Verbier you won't be dissapointed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, Is this one big enough

http://www.powdertravel.com/ski_area_map/verbier_switzerland_ski_area_trail_map.jpg
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PisteHead wrote:

http://www.powdertravel.com/ski_area_map/verbier_switzerland_ski_area_trail_map.jpg

Cheers Pistehead, unofrtunately From that map you can't say for certain whether the return from thyon is a drag or not.

red 27 wrote:
bertie bassett, There are indeed a fine selection of drag lifts in that area and I think getting back from Veysonnaz without using any of them is literally impossible (ok, you could walk...) The skiing over there is really only 'OK' too, although doubltless founder members of the "T-Bar 'n' Red Run" club will be along shortly to disagree

interactive map here http://ski.intermaps.ch/printze/index.swf?lang=en&Reg=zm0

Cheers Red27 - useful input the interactive map does clearly show that's it's a T-bar fest on that side of the mountain. Funnily enough you link to a map that shows the full 4v's but if you go to the interactive map from the verbier website it stops at siviez. I'm also surprised that the local guys haven't made at least one of the runs down to siviez a piste rather than an itineraire..

Lechbob cheers for your input as well - I guess my issue is that I like the off-piste potential but I also like the on-piste zooming around potnetial of somewhere like 3v, Paradiski etc. I certainly found St. Anton gets a bit repetitive after a week if the off-piste is limited by conditions..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bertie bassett,
Quote:

I'm also surprised that the local guys haven't made at least one of the runs down to siviez a piste rather than an itineraire.

I think it is refreshing to leave some runs unpisted, it has more sense of adventure, the timid can get there by cable car to meet up for lunch.
I also love high milage skiing a feeling you've been some somewhere - don't care to repeat runs over & over.
but
Quote:

certainly found St. Anton gets a bit repetitive after a week

Mad I can't let that go. Once you've done St Anton, Rendl & Stuben pistes & itineries you've got the weis ring zurs-zug-lech & it variants.
Verbier is great in that you can dabble of piste without loosing sight of the piste and the terrain is wild and varied from the extremes of Mont Gele to in the trees to La Tzoumaz.
Best if you can have another week for somewhere else for cruising.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett wrote:
PisteHead wrote:

Cheers Pistehead, unofrtunately From that map you can't say for certain whether the return from thyon is a drag or not.

bertie bassett, Did you click the map to enlarge it? Viewed full-size it is 1991x913 px in size. Above Thyon lift 40 is called Les C-'something' and it has a drag lift icon. Lift 17 Cheminee(?) next to it also has a drag lift icon. From the top of either of those you can ski the red leading to the bottom of lift 20, a drag. At the top of 20 a red leads all the way to Siviez 1730. From Siviez various chairlifts and gondolas plus a bit of skiing will lead you back to Verbier. Well it looks like so to me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy