Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Holiday Bargains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

My wife and I are looking to ski the last week in Feb. I remember an old post where people were getting fantastic deals on their holidays, but cannot for the life of me find it Sad

I guess what I'm really asking is- how do I get a great ski deal and where do I go to get it? Although my dates are (probably) fixed, we are flexible about where we go. Any past examples of bargains, with details, would be great.

Help!

Nick Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowdaddy, this thread may be one you were looking for.

Best bargains are catered chalet deals early/mid Jan and mid-Mar onwards (excluding Easter), Feb is peak season so deals are rarer/pricier but as there are only two of you, there should be something, particularly as you are open-minded about resort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With the exchange rate & the way holidays fall this season make February look expensive. Last year there were good early booking bargains after the previous seasons warm January and lack of snow. Not so this year after last seasons great early snow, high fuel prices and T.O.'s fear of recession. There probably will be last minute bagains selling off spare flights/beds, so as you don't mind where you go & if you got nerve hold out for a last minute bargain. I personally would avoid the crowds in Europe in February & head for North America.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowdaddy, I first read your post as if you were looking to book last-minute, but re-reading it looks like you might want to book now, can you clarify? The advice will be different depending on your plans.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Luigi, I would prefer to sort it out now, but I did assume that last minute was the only way to get a deal. So, either would be ok, but now would be slightly preferable- if the saving is there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am actually off work for the first week in March. Is this a good week to have off, or would it be better if I were to change it for a week or two later?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowdaddy, I think the important point to remember when looking for a winter sports holiday is that you look at the whole price of any "deal" that you may find (i.e. find out what is not included). With the economic situation the way it is, there may be some TO's that are getting jittery but I'd be surprised if any of them will be rushing to discount their holidays just yet. In fact, if you have a look around some of the other forum posts you'll see that a lot of accommodation providers are finding bookings are up on this time last year so my advice would be to start making enquiries now with the TOs and the independent accommodation owners and get an idea of the total costs once you have factored in your travel, ski hire, lift pass, transfers etc.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowdaddy, you're right about the best deals being last-minute, why else would they sell a holiday half-price or less, unless there was a risk it wouldn't sell at all? There are sometimes early booking incentives (discounts, free lift-passes, etc), although Lechbob says these are few and far-between this year. Keep your eyes peeled on Snowdeals, Fasttrackski, Igluski, TeletextHolidays as well as the TO websites.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowdaddy wrote:
I am actually off work for the first week in March. Is this a good week to have off, or would it be better if I were to change it for a week or two later?

First week in March will be much better than last week of February, because you will be clear of the half term peak.

I usually go in early January, and have found the best deals available after the start of November - i.e. within about 8 weeks of travel time.

The very best deals are often found within a week or two of travel, but you can be very limited for choice by then.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where have you found the best deals Alex? Are they displayed, or do you have to negotiate them yourself?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowdaddy, Usually from the TO sites, although sites such as http://www.igluski.com/ or http://www.fasttrackski.co.uk/ of www.ifyouski.co.uk have consolidated lists of TO holidays
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy