Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CSIA II Trip December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
December 8-12
CSIA Level II
Whistler

Anyone here with their L1 who fancies a little snowHeads jolly to Whistler for an early season course?

Looks like I won't be working there next season. I refused to work with 3-12 year olds. (Given that my life's work experience so far has been dealing with fat, hairy people, in a job primarily concerned with the less savoury side of life, I'm not wholly sure that I have the most apt character to work with little kids).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So watcha doing ? are you going for the season but just skipping the work ? Holding out for a teaching job with fat hairy blokes with guns?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not 100% sure. Will probably head out for my usual pre-Christmas jaunt. Hopefully pass the course and try and get a job then (already got the visa), or look for a job somewhere else before hand (possibly Grouse Mtn, and then live in Vancouver). I've also got to try and fit the RN Ski Championships in as well (second week of January). Who knows, if I do okay there then there's always the Combined Services Ski Champs too.

PS. Big hairy men are my favourite. Shocked wink Perhaps I should buy a Harley...? Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skisimon, if you get there for the hiring clinic you will get a decent job. If you have a level 2 CSIA you will get more pay, and even if you get the little kids, you will get the 12 year old higher end skiers. ask to work ride tribe, which is 13-19 year olds. or adult base pod.

Adult base pod will want CSIA 2 though.

Have you sorted your accommodation out yet though?

BTW the combined services champs are great fun.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skisimon, sorry to hear that. Without a L2 even I couldn't sneak you into Adults. I still think you should sort out your seasonal accom in Whistler, work your balls off to get the L2, then apply to get into Adults.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
After the improvement I made on the CSCF EL course, I had always planned on attempting the CSIA L2 at the earliest possible opportunity.

paulhothersall/veeeight, cheers for the tips.

veeeight, would you say apply again now, accepting a kids school job, then do the L2 early and try to get moved; or just apply again after I've got my L2?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skisimon, apply, get job and free lift pass. take l2, do lots of "sessions" (early morning staff training every day before work) where you most importantly get to know the supervisors of the adult groups.

express interest in the j4 programme with you cscf EL, as the new j5 programme (which competes with the ski club k1 program .... another story), means a lot of the j4 coaches are moving on. either that or level 6 whistler kids for the season. This shows the interviewer that you have researched stuff, and work with older kids (at least).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skisimon, difficult to say, really. on the one hand Paul's advice is sound, but on the other hand. it's not easy to move from Kids to Adults.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy