Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hotel tauernpasshohe obertauern

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
thinking of gooking this hotel for april but can't find any reviews for it.If anybody has stayed there i would be grateful for their opinions.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ditto.

I was looking at booking it for a long weekend in Feb. It's so much cheaper than everywhere else, which makes me wonder.

So long as it's clean, safe and reasonably well located, that's enough for me.

Also, any comments on the food would be appreciated, as it is all half board.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
theres some reviews on zoover.co.uk, score average 5.5 /10
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i translated the reviews and it seems to be basic but none of thm said it was dirty which is good.The food scored between 1 and 8 so i think you will either like it or you won't.I am going to book it and hope for the best.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
is it clear where it is situated; from the name it sounds like it might be up a bit!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I lost my nerve when i went to book it and am now looking at the hotel winter but can't find reviews for that either so any comments on the hotel would be welcome
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm. Some of those reviews are pretty dire. But then, Germans love to complain and point out every fault they can find. For example, two of the three reviews complain about there only being one electical outlet in the room. Over three nights, a double room is €84 cheaper than the next cheapest option listed for my dates. For that, I can live with only one outlet. I can also use that money to buy dinner somewhere else if the food is crap.

I don't know. I guess I'll wait a while to see if anyone here has any first hand experience.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
is it clear where it is situated; from the name it sounds like it might be up a bit!

It is actually bang in the centre of Obertauern. Very conveniently placed for lifts serving both sides of the valley, shops and apres ski. I think it was one of the first hotels opened decades before Obertauern became a village as it is today - hence the name (Top of the Tauren pass I think). It definitely looks its age from the outside but don't know what it's like inside. I'd be tempted to try elsewhere myself...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bump...has anyone stayed here since this thread was started?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just back from a week in Obertauern staying here. Overall very happy with the accommodation choice. Plus/minuses as follows:

Good bits:
- cheap (53 euros pppn half board for a shared twin/double)
- very centrally located
- the food with the half board dinner option was almost always excellent (served in Hotel Wagner across the road)
- breakfast the usual Austrian buffet fare also fine
- clean reasonably spacious rooms...think they have been renovated recently
- free wifi in hotel lobby which can also be picked up in the rooms immediately above this e.g. #19

Not so good bits:
- exterior and interior decor for the lobby+corridors is shabby, a bit "youth hostel" with a slight musty smell so first impressions on entering are not good
- shower was not much more than a dribble, took a long time to warm up and very cramped for anyone 6ft+
- radiator in my room could not be turned off so got pretty hot at times...needed to open the window

A cheap no frills very well located hotel in a resort that is fairly devoid of budget accommodation options.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy