Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have just unexpectedly found we can have a week away at New Year - very unusual for us as I normally have to work the Xmas/New Year period Sad So we are planning obviously a ski trip. However it is now relatively late to book for such a peak week so all the early child reductions etc seem to have gone. At present we are wondering whether just to hang on and see if we can pick up a very late deal thinking there is bound to be something on offer even if it's not what we'd ideally choose or whether to try to put something together ourselves.

We are a family of four - kids 7 and 10 are good skiiers, as is my other half - I am a competent intermediate but rather nervous. We have done 3 hols as a family - all last minute packages and usually DIY all our other hols but haven't DIY'd a ski trip yet. We'd prefer something half-board but would self-cater and drive if it meant not wasting the week!

Any words of wisdom or suggestions!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dr George, lots of tour operators have cut capacity for this coming season which is likely to impact the number of super cheap last minute deals that would be available, especially over the busiest time in the ski season. Have a look on the Chalet Direct forum, you are likely to get a reasonable price now from people who aren't already full and a little worried that they might not be...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr George, if you are thinking of DIY, have you looked at flights yet? Perhaps see what flights to say, Geneva, would cost you if booked now. This would then give you a large choice of resorts within about 2 hours transfer time. If flights are looking expensive or in short supply, might you drive? Again, nearest resorts to the channel ports would be in Grand Massif, Portes du Soleil, Chamonix and Mont Blanc areas, Aravis etc - most of these areas are within around 10-12 hours from Calais (presuming OK driving conditions and traffic....) You may well find that with a bit of work, you can find a very good deal in an owner-run catered chalet, which IME give a much better level of service and value for money than many packages. PM if you need any help Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniepen, Agree totally!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks folks - have been looking at flights but for the New Year week they are now rather pricey. We would consider driving and I'm currently looking at some of the direct sell Chalets.

Anyone any thoughts re resort - we haven't been this early in the season so I've been looking at the higher resorts and have tended to rule out lower resorts so far - thought we might consider them if it gets last minute and we could see what the snow was like - am I being too cautious?!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're in to TO holidays and don't mind hanging on, it may be worth checking Ski Esprit. The last few years they have released last minute offers around November time for Christmas and New Year at really good rates, ie family of 4 for £1000. There are some online now:http://www.espritski.com/Specials.aspx but the offers aren't that special yet...

Obviously you're then limited in the choice of resorts.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy