Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes apres-ski

Poster: A snowHead
Hi.

Have been to Val d'Isere before and am thinking of going back to the same ski area but staying in Tignes instead. Is the apres-ski in Tignes really as bad as it seems? This trip would be for a group of approximately 10-12 people, all between 26 and 30, some couples and some singles.

Any advice appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its not great, but 10-12 is enough to make your own fun! Crowded house was quite good, goldfish bowl very busy at times, cant remember any of the others, no clubs really worth going to but you can drink late in the bars. Actually as i write this i am remembering some quite good nights.....but unless early or late season i think val is a much better place to stay, just my view, sure someone will have a different opinion in a few moments!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes' nightlife isn't as good as it should be. But there are oases to be found, if you know where to look. The coolest bar is Grizzly's in Val Claret - featuring cowhide and carved bears, and a nice deckchair scene when the sun's out. For dancing, try Jack's in Tignes le Lac and Blue Girl in Val Claret.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't know why ValD has such a good reputation for nightlife - It's not that good really.
I would take Tignes any day. The problem with Tignes is that there are good bars spread across the various villages.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dingbat, France will not have the same kind of apres / nightlife as Austrian resorts! IMO the best for nightlife (you know what I mean) in France is Val. Skiing wise however again IMO you will have a blast rather than some of the Austrian valley resorts that are noted for nightlife. St Anton being an exception.

Have fun sliding.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dingbat,
When you arrive, pick up a copy of the Echo (Tignes' free weekly rag) & find out what is coming up.
Best places to find it:-
Lavachet - TCs, Lav Lounge, Brasero, Scotty's
Le Lac - Alpaka, Loop, Jam Bar, Yeti, Jacks
VC - Crowded House, Couloir

All the above for apres-ski and later.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies folks. Have been in Austria (Soll), Val d'Isere and Les Deux Alpes before.

Early drinking (4pm): Soll and Val were excellent; L2A was rubbish.
Late drinking (10pm onwards): Soll and L2A were very good with Val bringing up the rear, though only just.

Ski-wise, Val was amazing. L2A felt a little restricted. Soll was poor though this was because the place was mostly closed for the first four days due to lack of snow...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
angel_ski wrote:
Tignes' nightlife isn't as good as it should be. But there are oases to be found, if you know where to look. The coolest bar is Grizzly's in Val Claret - featuring cowhide and carved bears, and a nice deckchair scene when the sun's out. For dancing, try Jack's in Tignes le Lac and Blue Girl in Val Claret.

The most expensive bar in VC is Grizzlies.

2 years ago a large beer was 8 euro

Spirits where 10 euro Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're in Le Lac, the Alpaka always seemed lively.....I dimly recollect NehNeh
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

The coolest bar is Grizzly's in Val Claret

Certainly is - especially at 6 or 7 euros Shocked for a bottle of beer (33cl)!

Still, it keeps the rif raf out (which must be us because I drew the line at a second round wink !!)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wow - I was in Val only three years ago and it was 6 Euros a pint!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dingbat, Should not be too much of a problem for as you are probably used to Dublin prices wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

The coolest bar is Grizzly's in Val Claret
(which must be us because I drew the line at a second round wink !!)

Same here.

It is a nice bar though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is some good bars in Tignes, when i did my season there. 5 years ago.. My favs were..

Lavachet Harrys bar or whatever they call it now.

TC's infamous 100 shot night. Nice tiny bar that one.

Le Lac Alpacka I lived in there with the now passed away Max the Irish Wolfhound.

Yeti was always a good crack with all the dutch in there.

Angles bar was ok if a little average for the price. It was new for that season.

In Val claret Fishbowl and Crowded Houses were alright. Shots in fishbowl were minging though. Lemon Curd? Your having a laugh.

I think its got a decent nightlife and dont forget the free 24hour bus service that connects all the villages in the peak season. A note to La Plagne about that. La Plagne for the size of it has a shocking night life.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I thought the bars/clubs were good in Tignes some good live music, good company (better than the Sloanies in VD) - I can't remember much more because I was wrecked but woke up with a stonking hangover and an empty wallet. Nothing that a hare of the dog, a shush and Western Union couldn't sort.
latest report
Stuski wrote:
There is some good bars in Tignes, when i did my season there. 5 years ago.. My favs were..

Lavachet Harrys bar or whatever they call it now. SCOTTY'S

TC's infamous 100 shot night. Nice tiny bar that one.

Le Lac Alpacka I lived in there with the now passed away Max the Irish Wolfhound.

Yeti was always a good crack with all the dutch in there.

Angles bar was ok if a little average for the price. It was new for that season. NOW CLOSED

In Val claret Fishbowl NOW CLOSED and Crowded Houses were alright. Shots in fishbowl were minging though. Lemon Curd? Your having a laugh.

I think its got a decent nightlife and dont forget the free 24hour bus service that connects all the villages in the peak season. A note to La Plagne about that. La Plagne for the size of it has a shocking night life.

Sorry about that. Confused
snow conditions
there was a little bar near grizzlies that was good - the blues bar or the cave maybe? crowded house was ok too.
snow conditions
Le couloir in val claret was also pretty good for a few beers apres ski, but even better for food later on. great service and great food
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy