Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Casio Riseman

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone tried this watch?

It is supposed to have Altimeter which can also record total accent and decent and a barometer. i thought it may be quite handy, i've always wondered how much vertical I do during a day.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
up4it, looking at the piste map and sticking your finger in the air is twice as accurate. I think they rely on air pressure...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
up4it, I've a Nike one, it has an altimeter, barometer, compass, chronometer, etc, etc. Quite good fun and reasonably accurate. I got it on eBay, there are usually some on there and they are usually inexpensive.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the idea is you set the altimeter when you have a confirmed reference point and then it works from there. You are right Bode Swiller, they work on air pressure so the technology would seem pretty filmsy and vulnerable to weather changes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, I was thinkink that this watch would do away with piste maps, would alert me to changes in the weather, would get me home if I was lost!

Anyway, I'm going to get one today and i'll test it when I go for a walk in the Peak District tomorrow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
up4it, These sort of watches usually work in either barometer OR altimeter mode, but can't tell you both at the same time, because like Bode Swiller says, they are actually measuring air pressure. They then interpret any change as either a change in weather or a change in altitude.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy