Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Week long backcountry courses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hay ho

woohoo its that time year again Very Happy

anyone know a good week long backcountry course (6 days+) in euro zone this coming seaon? prefer after xmas time like feb onwards.

i am confident on all pistes i can ski moguls but havent done alot powder skiing. much appreciate any advise/recommendation people can give me.

thanks
James
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey!

Really depends on what you want/expect to get out of the week, is it just skiing technique you would like to work on or
a mix of skills including things like avalanche safety, touring etc.

Cheers

Chris
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Madmonk, this Snoworks Off-Piste course might be suitable.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Madmonk, Do you want instruction, or guiding ? Snoworks or Mountain Tracks good places to start. Do you mean backcountry - i.e. walking/skinning as well as skiiing, or do you mean using lifts to access soft snow ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i want like mix of things but it mainly instruction

avalanche awareness
touring
etc
and having some fun in the powder. I dont mind doing some skinning.

just i saw free avalanche dvd scared poo-poo out me lol. i want to get away from pistes go out in to wilderness and do it safely.

james
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Madmonk, this sounds like it's what you're looking for?

http://www.basschamonix.com/Brochure/backcountry%20info.pdf

Course in Chamonix 2nd-7th March. Fly out 1st March (Sunday) fly back 8th March (Sunday). Run by BASS Chamonix i.e Derek & Shona Tate.

That would be ideal for what you said, brilliant place to do it in, date fits in with what you said and also the people on their team are ISTD/BASI Trainers so the tuition you will get will be top notch.

This tells you what else they've got on which might suit.

http://www.basschamonix.com/back.htm
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I will be runing this sort of thing very soon, just need to get the peski eurotest this December.

In the mean time check out:

Mountain tracks
All mountain performance
Basschamonix
Chamonix experience

Good luck
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Madmonk, you could try our very own snowhead offpisteskiing at www.offpisteskiing.co.uk
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks guys

Hi skimottaret, that web address isnt setup yet, is that right? snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sorry it is http://www.offpisteskiing.com/
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Madmonk, or these guys..jus been on a course with them..thinking of going with them myself..

www.pyb.co.uk/ski
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy