Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice about Samoens ski school/Kindergarten

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going skiing for the first time in February, in Samoens France. Is there anyone out there who could advise in relation to Ski Schools. We have two children, one is 3 and will be going into the Kindergarden, however my son will have just turned 6 and although I think the local kindergarden (ESF) will take him I would like some thoughts as to wether he should just go straight into Ski school.

Also I presume included in the cost of the Kindergarden is basic lessons for the kids.

I have tried looking at the local website but there is a lot lost in translation.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
saintsman40, Welcome.

http://www.ecoledeski360.com/index.html

We have used these guys for quite a while in Les Gets and always found them to be very good. Samoens 360 has a good reputation too.

With regard to your 6 year old, I think he should be fine in ski school. 360 group ski lessons are generally in the mornings 9 - 11.30 Sunday to Friday in groups of no more than 8 children. All the instructors I know speak English, but will speak both French & English depending on group.

If you email them or ring and leave your number they will get back to you. They normally start checking emails etc at this time of the year.

Louise
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
saintsman40, welcome to Snow Heads snowHead I too think your 6 year old will be better off in ski school. My own sons were 9 and 5 when they first went in - each child is different, but this was about the right time for them. The 5 year-old did some pottering about, playing in a safe area and skiing down a very gentle slope , being dragged up by a 'baby lift' (continuous rope type thing, with handles every now and then to grab on to) - his confidence when they went onto the real slope was excellent Very Happy As Lou, says, the ski schools are only really getting things together now, for next season, so get in touch for more info - enjoy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watch out for the ogre Skullie woman in the esf office at 1600 - book in the village esf office for better customer service....
I inconvenienced her so much by giving her my custom and money, I will be going with 360 next time.....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Freestyle, yeah, I met the ogre Skullie Skullie , made the mistake of asking where the toilet was, I don't think it was in her remit to deal with such inconsequentials. Mind you, we committed the fatal error of thinking that the first week in March would be free of extremely busy french school hols, the whole plateau at 1600 was covered with kids lined up in ski school groups, absolute nightmare. As for the old gondola at Vercland, 30-40 minute queues in the morning to get up for ski school, hopefully it's improved since they built the village gondola.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
luigi,
The ogre is in the new ESF office on the plateau now (lucky us eh?) which was built after the new village gondola (max I've ever queued for that is about 20 mins) - don't often use Vercland eggs (unless too much snow and we are waiting for pisteurs to open link to Tete de Saix but there's plenty of snow on the black and red down to Vercland - not very often unfortunately). Are you planning a return visit to Saamoens/Vercland? Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi - We've been to Samoens for the last 3 years with my 2, now aged 3 and 4. We've relied on grandparents rather than use the kindergarten and skied with them for an hour or so per day ourselves (youngest started at 2) We watched the ESF with interest deciding whether to send our oldest to ski school and decided firmly against using them. The ski garden was full of wailing 3 and 4 year olds being totally ignored by several instructors who seemd to have no interest in teaching children whatsoever. This was on more than one occasion, three years in a row so I have no confidence things would be better this year. 360 certainly looked good for older kids (age 5ish up - out on the piste). Another option is ZigZag ski school. I only saw them doing one on one lessons with little ones but the couple of instructors I saw looked good. We're taking an ex ski instuctor family member with us when we go back in March - a much cheaper option for two little ones who may or may not want to ski or follow instructions.

Freestyle, I've never queued at all for the GME lift. Not to get up anyway. I may have waited a couple of minutes to get back down at the end of the day.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skimummy,

Re queuing - we are in Sam for 4 winter weeks each year but we are bound by school hols so it's busy every time... Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Freestyle, I would consider going back to Samoens, as long as I could avoid the school hols. It's a pretty village, enjoyed the Cascades run from the top of Flaine, the beginners loved the Marvel run above Morillon. It must be a lot easier/quicker since they built the Grand Massif Express lift.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy