Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corbet, of 'Corbet's Couloir', is dead

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

The man whose name identifies one of the world's most famous ski challenges - Corbet's Couloir in Jackson Hole Wyoming - died on Saturday. Pioneer climber, skier and writer James Barry Corbet had been paralysed for over 30 years, following a helicopter crash while making a ski movie near Aspen in 1968, but he had already made quite a name for himself. His climbing achievements included the summit of Everest and pioneering routes on other peaks...

Corbet was not the first skier to tackle the notorious 10-feet drop into his couloir, which had already been named after him, but he went for it after realising that his children would otherwise ski it first!

James Barry Corbet was a prolific writer and filmmaker, producing more than 100 films. He died of natural causes, surrounded by his family and friends.

This report from The Jackson Hole Zone.
For a larger view of the photo above, click here.
Here's a description of how to ski Corbet's, from Stu Campbell in Ski Magazine.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you look to the right of the tall trees, and the left of the pylon, that is Corbet's
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They say the slope below the jump is 50º but my friend who skied it said it's more like 40º. Anyone any comment?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
50º from the horizontal would be 40º from the vertical and vice versa snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, did you have a go?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I hope there is skiing in heaven for James.

If you do dedide to try The Couloir, it is most important you use the right technique
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowball,
Quote:

They say the slope below the jump is 50º but my friend who skied it said it's more like 40º. Anyone any comment?

Just a thought but could it depend on how much snow there is in it?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim,
I was in JH (didn't ski Corbetts) but there were people using that technique who were on a 'Steeps' course Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll probably never ski anything as scary as Corbett's but it sure got my adrenaline rushing reading 'how to'
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mmm, maybe next year...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy