Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Igloo Ski.....??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Iglu Ski seem to have changed their website....also, they no longer seem to provide more than 2 season's worth of snow depth history.

1) Can't say I'm overly impressed with the new site
2) Can't say I'm overly impressed at no longer having free access to snow depth history rolling eyes

Anyone know of any sites that provide snow depth history, other than paying to join the SKGB - something I vowed never to do again.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And it's really hard to click on this link.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, sorry about that, had no idea the name of the company creates an automatic link - sorted now. Thanks Elizabeth Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeah the site isn't a massive improvement... i'm disappointed they took away the 5 year stats, but i'm not surprised they have tbh... only thing on their site i ever looked at...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chasseur wrote:
Anyone know of any sites that provide snow depth history, other than paying to join the SKGB - something I vowed never to do again.

snow-forecast e.g. http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Nevis-Range/history Little Angel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Iglu link doesn't work for me anyway, so I'll reserve judgement on whether the new website works or not Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski-finder wrote:
yeah the site isn't a massive improvement... i'm disappointed they took away the 5 year stats, but i'm not surprised they have tbh... only thing on their site i ever looked at...

I assume they have removed the data because they offered it for free whereas the SKGB (from whom they obtain their data) provide it only as a paying member. I've used Iglu for searching for suitable holidays and for current snow reports. And for checking snow depth history for some sort of comparison guide. Guess I won't be doing any of that in the future Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
moffatross wrote:
Chasseur wrote:

snow-forecast e.g. http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Nevis-Range/history Little Angel

moffatross I'm more than happy to register with snow-forecast, so thanks fior the link. Before I do, however, do they provide snow depth history for the last 5 years?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow-forecast.com only give historical data to subscribers, with access available for either a short period, or annually, at varying rates. They have an offer where if you buy something from their shop, you get free access.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Igluski doesn't seem to be for the DIY traveller any more does it. I wonder who owns it now? They say they are independent of any TO.

They are ATOL bonded though....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Martin Nicholas wrote:
.. I wonder who owns it now?

They are ATOL bonded though....

And ABTA bonded, they seem to independent, from ABTA site they also trade as:

Quote:
Ski Les Alpes, IgluAirportparking, IgluAirportparking.com, IgluCanada, IgluCanada.com, Iglucities.com, IgluCruise, IgluCruise.com, Iglu Disney, Igluevents, Igluevents.com, Igluhotels, Igluhotels.com, IgluLapland, IgluLapland.com, Igluski, Igluski.com, Iglusouthafrica, Iglusouthafrica.com, IgluTravelinsurance, IgluTravelinsurance.com, Iglutropical, Iglutropical.com, Igluvillas, Igluvillas.com, Network Travel, Skibeds, Skibeds.com

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
what? no Network Travel.com? a missed opportunity methinks!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've used Igluski a few times in the past and thought they were brilliant up until my last attempt where I found that the actual prices for their holidays were not resembling what they were advertising and their customer services sucked compared to their past performance. Wouldnt touch them any more. Besides I much prefer Charlatanefc Travel wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I emailed them to provide some "customer feedback" regarding the new site, useability, functionality and loss of snow data. To be fair, the head of marketing responded within 24 hours thanking for the feedback and stating that regardless of the site revamp, they were obligated by the SKGB to remove the historic data because, as hypothesised above, the SKGB charge a member fee for the info.

Eeyore, I also found, when looking to book a holiday in Mayrhofen, that the prices advertised not only failed in some cases to resemble the actual cost, but that other companies were often less expensive.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy