Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fischer soma tec ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
they've been around a while now - has anyone used them (which model & what level skiier are you?) and found they made much difference to their skiing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
riverwhy, no, but my Nordicas have a similarly off centre last (Dobermann Aggressor 150). I'd like to describe myself as quite a strong recreational skier with a controversial penchant for race kit.

I think that they really sharpened up turn initiation (and made sitting chairlifts much more comfortable). I would suggest that the rotated foot axis is not just marketing puff.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks David - i've started another thread (new boots) & i've been searching the web and kind of short-listed these with a view to replacing my trusty x-wave 8s:

salomon impact 8
atomic b10
soma tec mx pro 85

i'll look at the nordicas too

might well end up being a case of which fits best. Doesn't look like anyone has 2007 models in the popular sizes, in fact some dont even have next years in those sizes...
I'm an advanced skiier (instructor) but don't like teaching in really stiff boots, looking for a flex around 80/90.

any comments on those boots anyone.. ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
riverwhy, what level instructor/what association? Think you should just suck it up and go to a decent boot fitter wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
riverwhy, imo shortlisting those is a big mistake without a mountain above the place of purchase.

They can even amplify differences in conditioning (so, didn't spend enough time working on those hip rotators this summer, did you?) and differences in skis (taper angle) and so have to be tried in your personal context.

Fwiw, I've skied F9000, F7000, MX Pro 95.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy