Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LG FIS Snowboard World Cup

Poster: A snowHead
23rd - 26th Oct @ Battersea Power Station http://www.londonfreeze.com

is anyone going ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know if it's intentional or not but it clashes with the london Ski and Snowboad show which is a bit silly IMV...

I got free tickets for the Ski&Snowboard show on the 25/10 so defo going to that, but might do half day there then stroll from Olympia to Battersea for another half day...

then a p*ss up in shoreditch or angel.. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know I had noticed that as well - could be an excuse to combine the 2 snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
U been to the Ski&Snowboard show before?
Is it usually a day's worth of "entertainement"?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kruisler, I have been a few times, its ok, def not a full day jobbie unless you sit and watch the jumps
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Then my mate and I might well try and do both, but it will be an on teh day decision I think...
The London freeze does look good as well....Live music in the evening, the more I look the more I like the idea..£30 seems a good price ofr this
Shame the best line up is on the Friday though..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've emailed the 'Crew' have had one interested so far. would really like to go. Nice little teaser to get the season countdown under way!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would go as we are going to the ski show but the tickets are a whopping £29.00¬ each Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing,

That was my first reaction, but considering there is live music in the evenings and other stuff it seems actually worth it...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kruisler, .......................Boredsurfing, goes to bed at 8pm so he would never make it to the live music Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mouth,

Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fancied it but aside from it clashing with work, £30 is a bit steep on top of travel and other costs.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How much is an hour in MK snow dome now ? £20 ? compare sand like snow and local oiks thinking they can ride to watching real Pros pull some wicked moves and then listening to some decenct bands I reckon £30 is good value !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow, all very valid but the travel thing etc still makes it an expensive day. Boarding isn't totally in the public conscience yet so you'd think they'd be making it more accessible?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Specialman, true. battersea isnt the best location to travel to but will be a cool back drop. Luckily i can get the tube in so not so bad for me.
snow report
I floated the idea to the guy that will be with me on the day and he did not seem enthralled..nothing lost yet: a few early beers at the ski show and he'll be the puppet master! Laughing Twisted Evil
latest report
Seems overpriced to me and going to DMSS on the Sunday. Rather use the money on a ski slope for real
ski holidays
having locked on ticket master they want £3 booking fee for each ticket and then if thats not bad enough.... the cheek of it..... £2 to EMAIL me the tickets !!!
If I can source them direct I will go but I am not lining those ticketmaster crooks pockets Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
im thinking of going
might do the dmss half day friday then pop down saturday to battersea
latest report
I'm planning on going to the Saturday thing. DebbiDoesSnow, have you found anywhere other than ripoff master to get tickets?
snow report
hels_t, no i have them as a friend on Facebook and sent them a message this afternoon asking the same thing
the guy at ticket master ( when i phoned to check the fees) seemed to think there might be a ticket office in battersea powerstation but havent had time to check it out yet .
ski holidays
Has anyone figured out whether we can buy tickets on the day yet?
I am quite up for it so I have to "work" on my mate, but I won't bother if it's a no go to start with..

Cypress Hill on the saturday...Would love that!

"Insane in da menbrane...Insane in da brain!.." Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Kruisler, not sure about on the day but they did suggest another place to buy them. Only one of my mates seemed up for it so not sure I'm going Sad
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow,

If you're desperate and not scared of frogs ( Toofy Grin ), I would suggest to meet up but:
  • for me it will be a last minute thing as my mate was not too keen last time I suggested it (money is an issue unfortunately for him..well, I think that is why he is relunctant at the mo) and I doubt I can get a definite yes before the 25th. My (fairly reasonnable) hope is that on the day he'll be caught up in the atmosphere/enjoyment and will be up for it..

• based on the above, I can only go if one can buy tickets on the day..

So if I found out there are on the day tickets, I'll post it here... and then on the day, you can always text me (phone n° on facebook) to see what we're up to... Also bear in mind that we're supposed to go the ski show first (hence not sure of what time we'd get to "the freeze") and then we'd have to catch the last train to Essex so would have to vacate the premises at about 11.30pm/midnight to get to Liverpool St in time... And by then it might already be "too late" for us since we'll have been on the beers all afternoon! Cool

Therefore not sure that would make it worth your while, but the offer's there if things work out.

Why are my outings always so complicated! rolling eyes Very Happy
snow conditions
I contacted London Freeze regarding tickets sales.
Here is my email:
Quote:

I am interested in attending teh London Freeze event on Sat. 15/10/2008 but as I am uncertain whether I will be able o or not, I do not wish to buy tickets in advance.
Will it be possible to buy tickets on the day ( at the gate)?
Many thanks in advance.
Best regards

Here is the answer:
Quote:

On the day sales are based upon ticket sales in advance. If we sell out then there won’t be available on the day.
At the moment Saturday is selling extremely well, I would recommend buying in advance so your sure not to miss out.

I have asked for a phone number that I can call on the day to check. I am still waiting on that.
ski holidays
Number to call on the day to check for tickets availibility:

0844 847 2388
snow conditions
Well I went to the London Ski Show.
People have posted plenty of views on The Piste..Personnally, I was glad I did not pay for the tickets, I won't bother again unless I want to discuss stuff with tour operators/holiday compaines face to face...
I also saw footage of the London Freeze, and wished I 'd gone to that..looked amazing...
Here's one for stab

They look good in the flesh! wink
snow report
Kruisler, I spent my weekend cleaning the house & my car & playing a bit of Fable II.... London Freeze would of been so much better !

See your pics by the way ... love the one of you in the service helmet Razz
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow,

Quote:

See your pics by the way ... love the one of you in the service helmet

Admittedly not my best look but I wouldn't have thought it to be the "worse" of the lot.. Laughing
ski holidays
Kruisler, did you see the ones I loaded Shocked not pretty Laughing
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow,

Yes...made me feel a whole better about my ones! Toofy Grin wink

Edit: did u see my windmilling technique at the ski show?
latest report
Shocked

Realised last night, 4 days too late, that I had won a pair Week-end Passes for the London Freeze...

I will never ignore calls on my mobile anymore! Sad
snow conditions
Kruisler, I think you need a few more of the middle smilies for that "donut" move !
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow,

yep...I could not find a "kick in the ar$e" smilie otherwise I would have added a few of those as well... rolling eyes
snow report
Kruisler wrote:
Here's one for stab

They look good in the flesh! wink

the only thing I like about that board is the coalition status, I would never ride one, unless they brought out the burton Hoff, now we are talking.
snow conditions
stab wrote:
unless they brought out the burton Hoff, now we are talking.

Is that modelled on the great icon "The Hoff" ? cos that would be funny Laughing
snow conditions
exactly, imagine the love with a semi naked hasselhoff across it, that board would be insane.
snow report
Stab,

With your photoshop skills I am sure you can knock up a "HoffMeister" prototype no? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
i would by one ! oooh tanned muscles with a light dusting of chest hair <sigh>
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow,

Have you been staring at my photos again?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy