Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VERBIER ????!!

Poster: A snowHead
This season im working in Verbier, i have never skied there and want to hit the ground running. Any advice on the best powder and apres?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 19-09-08 9:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe. I've heard Chamonox is pretty good for powder, only takes an hour to drive.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
powderhound23 wrote:
best powder and apres?

Plenty cocaine to be found in the Fairniet Lounge and Coco club at weekends...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor wrote:
Maybe. I've heard Chamonox is pretty good for powder, only takes an hour to drive.
Only an hour thats pretty good. i will have my own van so might have to do that.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
powderhound23 wrote:
best powder and apres?

Plenty cocaine to be found in the Fairniet Lounge and Coco club at weekends...

Not exactly what i meant but useful to know anyhow
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
powderhound23, I think parlor, is pulling your plonker! Verbier is full of H2O based powder. Long time since I've been there but I remember the runs from the top of Mt Gele were fun Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anybody now of any good books with touring routes and general powder routes Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
powderhound23, who are you working for?

I wouldn't worry about doing too much research, most of the best days powder skiing I've had in Verbier have been unplanned meetings with friends on the lift and then off you go. Conditions vary and whilst you can have fantastic snow in one part of the valley and crappy stuff elsewhere. Local knowledge is the key and as you get to know more people in town you'll get to ski the good stuff.

Bars - if you are there for the season you'll probably spend plenty of time in the Pub Mont Fort, Fer a Cheval, T Bar, Farinet etc, etc. Depends on what you are into and what the budget is.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
powderhound23, for touring, buy yourself the map(s) of the area with the ski routes marked on:

http://www.themapshop.co.uk/europe/rest/Switzerland.htm

http://www.themapshop.co.uk/images/Swiss/swiss50S.gif
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Haggis_Trap, I was trying to be subtle. Wink

powderhound23, are you male?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The pow in Verbier gets skied out in hours. Everyone, even the gash ones, becomes a powder hero. First lift is vital.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 19-09-08 16:11; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whitegold doesn't know where to look. That sucks.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whitegold wrote:
The pow in Verbier gets skied out in hours.

No doubt the obvious stuff goes very quick on a powder day.

However there are plenty other lesser known spots in the 4 valleys that don't skied so often.
Especially if your prepared to hike 10 or 20 minutes off the lifts.
It just wouldn't be the game to say exactly where on the t'interweb.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think that the pow in Verbier probably does get skied out within hours. We've all been in powder frenzys there.

However, I think I've proved very fairly regularly, local knowledge means it's possible to be skiing un-tracked for a week after snowfall.

Haggis_Trap, that just wouldn't be on now would it. Poacher. Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BGA wrote:
powderhound23, who are you working for?

I wouldn't worry about doing too much research, most of the best days powder skiing I've had in Verbier have been unplanned meetings with friends on the lift and then off you go. Conditions vary and whilst you can have fantastic snow in one part of the valley and crappy stuff elsewhere. Local knowledge is the key and as you get to know more people in town you'll get to ski the good stuff.

Bars - if you are there for the season you'll probably spend plenty of time in the Pub Mont Fort, Fer a Cheval, T Bar, Farinet etc, etc. Depends on what you are into and what the budget is.

Im working for a small chalet company as a driver the job sounds pretty good i think and perhaps i will have transport to get to other places for some powder if necessary.
latest report
parlor wrote:
Haggis_Trap, I was trying to be subtle. Wink

powderhound23, are you male?

Yeah
ski holidays
powderhound23, are you working for Joyce?
snow report
parlor, I was going to ask him are you working for parlor, ?!
latest report
No Not working for either that im aware of. wink
snow report
rungsp, I would never employ someone who posted on here, for that matter who could read.

powderhound23, oh brother. If you're not working for me and you're not working for Joyce, good luck. Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy