Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

mark warner val d'isere

Poster: A snowHead
hi all,
have taken a job as a kitchen porter with mark warner in val d'isere for this season in their chalethotel le val d'isere. was just wondering if anyone has worked or stayed here and have any good info?! also if anyone knows what the staff accommodation is like? cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

also if anyone knows what the staff accommodation is like?

Think sardine tins..... Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
upfrit83, Welcome to snowHead

A friends son worked there in his gap year a couple of years ago. I gather the accommodation is small, but as he was hardly ever there, it really didnt matter. He had a fantastic time, working & playing hard. I hope you have fun too Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
upfrit83, dont know about accomodation but i met mrs mark warner (i think now ex mrs. mark warner) last year and she is an absolute raving lunatic, stay well clear. i am not kidding..... run dont walk if you hear she is around...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
Funny enough i start as a kitchen porter in Val D'isere this season with Mark warner in their chalethotel le val D'isere! I think i start on the 27th November.
So, i imagine il see you soon upfrit83.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooooh - are you sure there are positions for 2 kitchen porters? wink

Welcome to snowHeads upfrit83 and khano snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
enough of that from youcathy, my nerves are already shredded in case theres been a mistake!! khano, how did you find out start date, they kept that info pretty close to their chest when i was on the phone with them?!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
upfrit83, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cathy wrote:
Ooooh - are you sure there are positions for 2 kitchen porters? wink

Welcome to snowHeads upfrit83 and khano snowHead snowHead

I should think so - is the role solely kitchen pig (KP) or combined with night porter (KP/NP - very common)?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry, as to MW accommodation, I think it is a fair bet that you will hate it Sad ! Ask on Natives for more info. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh i do miss the days of being paid 60p an hour Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
freestyleandy, what job did you used to have in resort then? Laughing That's a serious question by the way! Laughing

Is the staff accomodation everyone in bunk beds in the one or two rooms?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
VolklAttivaS5, I was the one employed as a bit of everything. I did the ski hosting when the full time ski hosts had their days off, and worked in the hotel too, serving food, cleaning and the likes. Meant I got to ski alot though, and as I was in courchevel and got a free 3v's pass, it was happy days!

As for the accomodation, I was lucky, I ended up in a special appartment with 3 other fellas, which was big and comfortable, but the girls all had to live in the 'dungeon' underneath the hotel Shocked It is a bit of a squeeze so you have to get used to hearing snoring, talking in sleep, and other 'nocturnal' activities wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
freestyleandy,
Quote:

so you have to get used to hearing snoring, talking in sleep, and other 'nocturnal' activities

Yuck. I suppose that must be a bit like being in army barracks. Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Yuck. I suppose that must be a bit like being in army barracks.

Never been in army barracks so not too sure, but I could imagine it would be quite similar.

Although if the 'client' rooms were empty for a week, those who had performed well, or done something extra special (work wise) was given the privilige of a nice bed for a week.
ski holidays
Army barracks are pretty spotless, even the ones that are fifty year old with their rooves falling in, id imagine there is a lot less folding and polishing in seasonaire accomodation wink
ski holidays
JimSearle, oh yes I bet! I wasn't meaning the standard of cleanliness at all, I expect seasonnaire accomodation leaves a lot to be desired in that department. I meant about the hearing of snoring and nocturnal activities that freestyleandy mentions. wink Laughing
snow report
Yeah i applied for KP/NP.
I didnt find out on the phone, they emailed me the morning after my interview to tell me when i leave etc.

I got told at my interview that there would be at least two KP's.

Accomadation will be fine..i think haha.
latest report
khano wrote:
Yeah i applied for KP/NP.
I didnt find out on the phone, they emailed me the morning after my interview to tell me when i leave etc.

I got told at my interview that there would be at least two KP's.

Accomadation will be fine..i think haha.

Yep, alternate weeks you'll be KP Sad & NP Sad Sad Sad .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy