Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day trip to La Rosiere.....

Poster: A snowHead
This season I am determined to actually do some day trips to other resorts.

So lets start with the infamouse La Rosiere....

Driving up from Bourg, where is best to park?
where do I buy a pass ?
Which lifts?
whats good to do?
wheres good to eat?
what would be a sensible circuit?

PS. Following advice on here I know to go only on a sunny warm windless day Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing,
If Ecudets lift is open then park there
Buy your lift pass there.
Get of the chair at top and ski down to the sevoliere drag. Hideous drag, but jump off on the bend and ski down to Roche Noire lift. Blast Tetras from the top down to Roche Noire again, a fantatsic warm up run. Up top again accross and down to the Fort chair, up and over, down into the Col. 1 drag up, turn left and hammer down to the Piccollo San Bernado Lift, up lift, 2/3 way down to PSB lift hang a right to Fourclaz Lift Bombardino or choccy at Roxy's. Up Fourlclaz and down to La Thuile, always keeping right and going down through the woods on red 6, Up the Bosco Express and then hammer black 3 down to the Bosco Express again, Up and repeat Black 3 (this route misses out the real steep bit at the top of black 3). Collapse into Le Rascard for lunch Very Happy

Back to the top of Belvedere, black down to Fourclaz, up Fourclaz down to Belvedere lift, up, and then PSB again top to bottom. Schuss all the way back into France, and do the 3 reds leading to the Fort Chair(Blaireau, Traversett, Blanchot. On the last run skirt around the fort chair, and keeping left schuss to the Eucherts Express. Left off the top, and keeping right, cross Tetras and pick up the path to the Top of Fontaine Froid. If you are lucky then ski one of the nicest runs in the Alps down to the Vieux Chalet at the bottom and oggle at the barmaid when drinking your well deserved beer. If it is shut then download on the chair.

Ooooh I am moist already.

Well you did ask Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, I think you missed out a few stops wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing wrote:
PS. Following advice on here I know to go only on a sunny warm windless day Toofy Grin

I thought every day in La Ros was like that Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The concept just involves too much time sitting in a car for so little skiing.

Surely you must be driving for about 20 hours return. For 6 hours skiing.

Although I love skiing, not to this extent
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Christopher, I suspect that the Dark Lord Surfing will be taking the short hop from his baronial pile in Montalbert
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Christopher, I think he means from Montalbert.

Everyone - Official warning - this thread has now exceeded the official limit for number of posts concerning La Ros without mentioning that it is a top 5 French resort for snow cover. Don't let it happen again! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
This season I am determined to actually do some day trips to other resorts.

This is a really good idea...

Boredsurfing wrote:
So lets start with the infamouse La Rosiere....

... and that's where the really good idea goes immediately straight off the rails Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How about a day trip to Les Arcs. I hear that someone has rigged up a zip wire accross the valley.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, been there done that wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing, if you follow [b]Frosty the Snowman's advice you'll have a great day. The only way it could be improved would be for some off-piste either on La Sivoliere or hiking across to the right from the top of the fort chairlift.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, TRAITOR
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fr0sty the Sn0wman wrote:
Hideous drag, but jump off on the bend

I got quite an ear-bashing from a pisteur for doing that (not in La Ros). Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
laundryman, a good spot to get off that particular drag is at the sign telling you not to!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
brian,
Quote:

Everyone - Official warning - this thread has now exceeded the official limit for number of posts concerning La Ros without mentioning that it is a top 5 French resort for snow cover. Don't let it happen again!

You're right better warn that the access roads are rarely open because of the snow fall.
snow conditions
T Bar, sorry T Bar, but the main road is always cleared of snow as soon as it falls.
snow report
Ray Zorro, Just read your post. OMG that did make me laugh Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Boredsurfing, if one was thinking of day trip at Easter then perhaps a shorter itinary would be better to get straight over to the north facing La Thuile. I would imagine La Ros getting fairly soft after lunch wink
latest report
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, et al. A semi serious La Ros question. I'm off to La Ros in January for the first time. I have a very old piste map given to me some while back of the resort. It appears on that the map that the Ecudets has a mid station (i.e. a black dot in the middle of the lift). On current maps this is not the case. Is there a mid-station? Are the lift and associated runs operating if you can only get half way down?
ski holidays
stevew, There is no mid station. The black and red run merge halfway down, and almost under the lift. The lift will run to uplift and download from the Ecudets car park at the bottom, but unless the piste is open at the bottom then all of the piste will be closed.
ski holidays
Fr0sty the Sn0wman wrote:
stevew, There is no mid station.

But! about where the red and black meet, there is a point on the lift where it gets very close to the ground, there is a lot of structural stuff and signs saying 'don't get off here'. I have wondered whether it used to be a mid-station. Does anybody know?

David
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy