Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flaine where to stay

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
would like to book a holiday to Flaine, mid January, 10 days, going alone, would like somewhere near lifts, not to noisy don't care what kind of accomodation, would anyone be kind enough to suggest something.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if you want somewhere prettier and more atmosphere..stay on the way to Flaine in Les Carroz would be my advice!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're going in Jan too. 24th-31st. Flaine foret was suggested to me when I asked the same question.
I've never been so cant suggest somewhere but the Capricorne apts seem to be 50m from lifts and same from shops.
Flaine reservations seems the best place to look on the flaine.com site.

If I've got this wrong someone please tell me as I'm booking the apt next week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michael B,
Very good location - ski in and out, also handily placed for lift down to Flaine forum.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hywel, Excellent. Thanks for the confirmation. I struggled understanding the town maps in relation to the lifts so I'm pleased I got it right. snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Michael B, Capricorn is well situated but do be careful to make sure of the quality of the apts.If it hasnt been refitted recently or renovated if its privately owned I would steer clear.Some of the apts are seriously dodgy,(1960s concrete construction=Smelly damp corridors /lifts and sometimes very basic tired apts).
I have stayed at Pierre +Vacances flaine foret which is 100m(ultra convenient) from the lifts and was refitted in an Modern sort of Ikea way about three seasons ago.Much better than most in Flaine Foret IMHO.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ymh, sorry i only just saw your PM.

The Intrawest building will be the posh end of the scale with outdoor/indoor pool and ski out/in - but v expensive on your own.

I have an apartment in Foret (Iris) which is one of the better blocks.

Les Pleiades block is virtually brand new and looks nice.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michael B, I would second hedley, Pierre +Vacances flaine foret. Have stayed there many times and certainly will again. http://www.pv-holidays.com/scripts/fiche_produit.php?id_ofr=358&id_sai_passe=1 If you self drive try http://www.ernalow.co.uk/resort-overview.aspx?qs=productid_e_73095
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
another vote for the p & v appts at Flaine Foret - We were amazed how nicely fitted they were compared to some we have stayed in!!
Mind you - next time we'd ask for an appt at the BACK of the block as there was a lot of noise late night from sledging and general outdoor "fun" late at night... Mind you it was during the Xmas hols... so maybe a particular party time??
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hedley,
Quote:

I have stayed at Pierre +Vacances flaine foret which is 100m(ultra convenient) from the lifts and was refitted in an Modern sort of Ikea way about three seasons ago

and jayne durham, andgsb,

Good advice - we are considering them for this Christmas. I don't really care if the place looks like a concret jungle...I can block that one out!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy