Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Credit Crunch ..

Poster: A snowHead
Missus A just phoned to say she had written off the car.

Good news is shes well and no problem and noone hurt .. phew

Bad News .. not her car Sad one of mine .. oh well only money ! ( GRRRRRRRRRR) Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 18-09-08 10:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad she's ok.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

one of mine

how many cars does one chap need? A leaner, and more transparent personal transport sector could be more sustainable.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, Thanks .... could have been worse .. only money and metal snowHead I cant go and pick her up as I went out for lunch ... Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, .. Agreed .. so only one house and/or a boat .... wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Agenterre, Is there a Missus B then? NehNeh

Glad she's OK and despite it being money, metal doesn't bleed.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agenterre,
Quote:

noone hurt

Is that Peter Noone late of Herman's Hermits?

Glad to hear Mrs A is OK, cars are easier to replace.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agenterre, I first read 'Missus A' to mean that she was one of your many wives, labelled as per the alphabet. Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JimW, snap. Great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JimW, Laughing

JP, I remember them all Shocked
Yes shes great .. and the other driver .. getting a friend to pick her up ( and buy time to put together a good excuse) .. ho hum wink Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kramer wrote:
Agenterre, I first read 'Missus A' to mean that she was one of your many wives, labelled as per the alphabet. Embarassed

Yer dipstick .. you've met her !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agenterre, I've met one of them. wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer, Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agenterre wrote:
Missus A just phoned to say shed w/o a car.

Please everyone is ok, still trying to work out "shed without a car" means... Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

still trying to work out "shed without a car" means..

it's what we'll all be living in, after the credit crunch.

Agenterre, I can see it would make sense to have several cars if they were in several different places....
snow conditions
davidof, Sorry .. she has /had written off a car ....

She seems perfectly OK ( but will go down to the doc in the morning for a back pain), other guy perfectly OK thankfully and he has admitted fault and filled in all the forms. Car is not a 'write off' as she described .. just a couple of €'000 damage I suspect ..

it happens .. snowHead Thanks for the concern..
latest report
pam w, I can only drive one at a time .. the good lady also 'one at a time' .. so if we had fifteen it wouldnt make much difference ..would it? .. and,of course with 2/3 homes we have different cars in different places .. am I missing something? - by the same logic more than one property is anti-social .. as you do also ... Guilty m'lud Puzzled
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
pam w, I can only drive one at a time .. the good lady also 'one at a time' .. so if we had fifteen it wouldnt make much difference ..would it? .. and,of course with 2/3 homes we have different cars in different places .. am I missing something?

A chauffeur by the sounds of it wink
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, .. cant afford it ... nor would want it !
snow report
Agenterre, shame, i was just about to apply for the position Toofy Grin
snow report
I never said it was antisocial to have more than one car! Methinks you doth protest too much.

Why do you say your wife needs to think of "excuses" - was the crash her fault? wink
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

still trying to work out "shed without a car" means..

it's what we'll all be living in, after the credit crunch.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad Missus A is OK Very Happy
snow report
Agenterre, pleased to hear MissusA is OK.
snow conditions
Agenterre, Dont worry, it is only money. You can earn more of that at any time, it is hard to replace a loved one!
ski holidays
Shes great today .. saying no pain anywhere ( other guy was unhurt as well) thanks to all . Her health all that matters.
I have no idea why she thinks the car ( and it was hers) a write off .. banged about ,yes... but she does claim to have been hit at '40kmh'. The other guys car was undriveable.

Thanks again all
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
Agenterre wrote:
Missus A just phoned to say shed w/o a car.

Please everyone is ok, still trying to work out "shed without a car" means... Puzzled

must admit that was how I'd read it: On the Agenterre estate the car was kept in one of many outbuildings modestly described as a shed. Some toerags had nicked it although fortunately without assaulting Mrs A.
snow report
fatbob, .. and I wonder why what I write is misunderstood Embarassed rolling eyes ..changed
ski holidays
Agenterre, whatever happened, it must have been a horrible experience. Even a little bang is nasty. Why did you think it was one of "your" cars? Do you have so many between you that it's hard to keep track? Must have been a really good lunch. wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No .. drive so small that no room to move cars so last in is first out and Id picked her up from the airport .. but in her car! Couldnt see from here, it was an assumption. Lunch was great and I can walk there and back .. so no drink driving ..

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 18-09-08 10:49; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Quote:

I cant go and pick her up as I went out for lunch ...

Quote:

Lunch was great and I can there and back .. so no drink driving ..

Puzzled
latest report
pam w, Laughing does help when I check what I write ... 'walk' now inserted
snow report
 brian
brian
Glad to hear everyone's unhurt.

The insurance claim will be interesting. "I was driving at a steady 40kph when a reckless shed appeared in my path. Thankfully it was one of those cheap B&Q ones, so easily deflected, but my husband did spill his red wine over the cream interior."
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy