Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen or Grindelwald with kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am thinking about either of these resorts for half term 09. I have never been to either before and would like to book some accomodation close to the ski school meeting points so the kids (4 & 6) don't have to trudge too far. Can anyone recommend anywhere to stay? Chalet or hotels?

Thanks Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mj_johnshah@yahoo.co.uk, welcome to snowheads, with kids of 4 and 6 I'd sugest you go with Wengen, the Nursery slopes are right in the village center, hotels wise there's the Sunstar, Silberhorn or Victora Jungfrau within a snowballs throw of those slopes, if you prefer a budget hotel then there's the Bernerhof just a little further away, you can try the Wengen tourist office for chalets or the Chalet Service also has a list of chalets you can rent through them
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mj_johnshah@yahoo.co.uk, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead You will probably find places very booked up already; no time to waste.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mj_johnshah@yahoo.co.uk, Grindelwald. Wengen is full of ignorant, boring, stuck up old farts that should have been put down years ago. The place is like a walking advert for euthanasia.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mj_johnshah@yahoo.co.uk, welcome to snowHead 's

ps...change your name so its not your email addy ! (prevent spam wink ...me thinks)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Charlatanefc wrote:
mj_johnshah@yahoo.co.uk, Grindelwald. Wengen is full of ignorant, boring, stuck up old farts that should have been put down years ago. The place is like a walking advert for euthanasia.

Dont hold back say it like it is.

I like Wengen but have to agree - they are still riding high on the glory days of the DHO club and when they all shortly pop off there will be loads of empty rooms. Like the Co-op they havent moved with the times. Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smokin Joe wrote:
Charlatanefc wrote:

Dont hold back say it like it is.

I like Wengen but have to agree - they are still riding high on the glory days of the DHO club and when they all shortly pop off there will be loads of empty rooms. Like the Co-op they havent moved with the times. Laughing

would be interesting to hear what Stab thinks about that as he lives there as i never thought of it like that....not that we visit Wengen much
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No kids allowed. Oh sorry half term is OK as I will avoid Europe.
Quote:

Grindelwald. Wengen is full of ignorant, boring, stuck up old farts that should have been put down years ago. The place is like a walking advert for euthanasia.

Thats me I like to rest up on the trains before skiing the World Cup Run - how does Bodie do it in 2 minutes 30 - took me 10 minutes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wengen every time if you have young children. Grindelwald has nasty stuff like cars (it's very busy). Also, Wengen is very small, so distances are short. Another factor is time to get to the slopes - in Wengen it's just 5 minutes on the cable-car to Mannlichen.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mj_johnshah@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking about either of these resorts for half term 09. I have never been to either before and would like to book some accomodation close to the ski school meeting points so the kids (4 & 6) don't have to trudge too far. Can anyone recommend anywhere to stay? Chalet or hotels?

Thanks Very Happy
I'd pick Wengen of the two,but try to find somewhere near the station,as most hotels etc are up a very steep hill,and if you have to walk up and down with ski equipment it can be very tiring,having said that we hired skis etc at one of the Intersport shops and they let us put our skis and boots in their ski store and we just had to pick them up in the morning which was great cos we were staying miles up the hill.Anyway have a good time when you'r there.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy