Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter on its way and i get the news . . .

Poster: A snowHead
My skis are officially lost Sad and i cant claim on my insurance for them Sad Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
why cant you claim?.... i thought you were a snowboarder now wink ..... or is this insurance fraud to get a snowboard i wonder Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Libertine, Not sure where exactly my skis were lost, hence insurers have said i didnt take reasonable care, i can see their point on this.

I think you'll find i'm bisnowsual lol

Snowboards already been purchased . . . just waiting for midget feet bindings to arrive to have it all set up and go play

Still want my skis though, i miss them, they were ace Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snobunni, Any idea where you misplaced them? I could keep an eye out if you like since I'm going to be in town on sunday wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
youspurs1, either Argentina or Chile . . . i'm in town now lol working through the grief of my loss with the purchasing of shoes i dont need
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snobunni wrote:

Snowboards already been purchased . . . just waiting for midget feet bindings to arrive to have it all set up and go play

Blimey!! you don't waste time do you! Shocked Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kruisler, i have a mate who has a shop who hustled me lol
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't snoworks owe you for them as they were under their care?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob, your guess is as good as mine, i've been asked to be patient another couple of days now . . . oh and been told that they didnt find my skis like they expected to when they were back out there on the 7 volcanos trip, hence me now considering them being officially lost and mourning their passing, they were good friends sniff
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

either Argentina or Chile

yes, you can see the insurance company's point of view. Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yes i never should have been so careless as to entrust them to snoworks and let them out of my sight lol
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snobunni, what a bummer, although I can see why the insurance company have found a reason not to pay out. All the same it is a shame they couldn't be found the following week.

What sort of skis were they and how long had you had them?
What exactly happened with them being taken off to be serviced that day then? Were everyone's skis taken the same time and was it only your pair that didn't come back? Did they take them to a shop to be serviced or what? Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

bisnowsual

Like it Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5, i could push the insurers to pay up under the old exceptional circumstances defense, but they would merely subrogate off of snoworks anyway so i might as well pursue that avenue myself.

They were Line Celebritys, bought just for that trip, skied them once at Tamworth before i went on the trip, they were really nice to ski, amazing in the powder out there, i loved them! We'd skied hard on and off piste in 3 resorts and St Martin de los Andes was the only resort where there was a ski shop Guido the mountain guide trusted so we were all told that if you wanted anything doing now was the time, so when we got to the hotel all the skis were laid out on the grass and if you wanted anything doing you put it down on the list and put them back on the van, which i did and that was the last i saw of them. Next resort i didnt ski as i was ill so i didnt know if my skis were missing then or not. Next resort we didnt ski the first day as the weather was too bad to climb Villarica and then my rucksack was stolen so i couldnt ski the next day as i was in court etc so it only came to light my skis had been misplaced when i was packing to leave the group and come home early because i had to go to the embassy to replace my passport.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snobunni, oh right, thanks for explaining that. A few days had elapsed by time you realised they weren't there then.

I take it no one else was missing their skis? How very odd and as I say, a real bummer. So when you left the group did they (the group or the instructors or whatever) say they'd have a look for them for you or what? Did the mountain guide contact the shop to find out if they were left there accidentally?

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 17-09-08 21:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
http://www.snowfit.co.uk/product/bestsellers_snowfit/LINE/CELEBRITY-07/-7782 time to replace £185
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, after having been robbed resulting in me having to head up to santiago and bck to the uk early when they said they couldnt find my skis i genuinely thought they were joking and it was some big wind up!

What has happened since they were discovered to be missing i dont know as no-one from snoworks has really said anything to me despite me chasing and chasing them. I think, although snoworks have not confirmed this, that on the night they were discovered to be missing Guido tried the ski shop back in Argentina and found they werent still there. The next hypothesis was that at Huilo Huilo in Chile all the skis were loaded onto the pick up but as i wasnt skiing that day mine werent transferred onto the piste basher that was taking the group up the volcano and they were left somewhere at that point. I know Huilo Huilo was on the itinerary for the 7 volcanos trip so Snoworks were back there recently but obviously a decent pair of skis isnt going to hang around unclaimed and they havent been found. To be honest i'm extremly disappointed that Snoworks havent had the courtesy to let me know whats being going on, customer service has been sadly lacking in my opinion, maybe that'll change over the next couple of days . . .

dan100, thanx, Snowfit know the situation as thats where i got them from in the first place, they have a pair identical to mine set on one side for me waiting for the outcome of all of this.
ski holidays
snobunni, oh dear. Yes you're right that if your skis were in South America somewhere or even in Europe then a newish pair of skis will have soon been picked up by someone else.

Well, it all sounds like a really unlucky situation to be in from start to finish. Hope it all gets sorted out.
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5, thanx, i'll let you know how it goes, getting quite annoyed by silence and requests for patience now though
ski holidays
snobunni, well, they say patience is a virtue so you can only do as they ask so best you do that really I should think.
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, true
snow conditions
snobunni, I have some Line Celebrities - they're great, I agree. There are some of the old ones around quite cheap, for example

http://www.snowfit.co.uk/product/bestsellers_snowfit/LINE/CELEBRITY-07/-7782

these are the ones I have; don't know whether the new 08 model is any different, other than the graphics.
snow conditions
pam w, thanx, Snowfit have me a pair of the 08 set aside for me identical to the ones that have been lost which i picked up from Snowfit just before i went on the trip.
snow report
snobunni,

Sorry to hear about the ski & hol traumas.

How was the trip otherwise?? The itinerary sounds amazing? I did a Chile road trip 3 years ago - incredible skiing, incredible country, incredible holiday.

Would you recommend Snoworks?
snow report
Did you get robbed in your hotel in Pucon? I always thought Chile pretty benign compared to some places I've been.
latest report
mountainaddict, the country is amazing as was the skiing but unfortunatley i didnt have a great experience overall.

As for Snoworks personally i didnt find it great value for money and i didnt get the trip i expected from the discussions i'd had with them before i went. But i think perhaps i was unlucky here as i havent heard anyone have a bad word for them. As for recommending them i'm reserving my judgement here, based upon the trip itself, no, i didnt find the 2 snoworks guys to be helpful or supportive when things did go wrong nor was the instruction presented as i was lead to beleive it would be, but they do seem sincere in their attempts to resolve this with me even though we havent come to an agreement yet.

they have just agreed to compensate me for my skis though so things are looking up[b/] Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

[b]fatbob
, my rucksack was stolen in Pucon, we stopped for lunch after rafting, told to leave our rucksacks with our wet gear in on the minibus, which i did, on the floor at the back covered by my jacket, and when we came to get back on the bus a little while later my bag was gone. Snoworks/Amity claim the bus was locked and the theives must have forced a window open from the outside but there was no sign of this so i'm not sure what exactly happened. Mine was the only bag that was taken Sad
latest report
snobunni, you really have had some bad luck haven't you, and the stolen rucksack sounds very strange Confused
snow report
snobunni, Something smells about that story as well - sound like you've got some legitimate greivances with them or their choice of business partners.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
*IncogSkiSno*, yep Sad although i've travelled extensively all my life this is the first bad trip i've had so perhaps it was overdue lol

fatbob, to be fair Amity (Snoworks partners in South America who organised everythig except the instruction) were very good, when things went wrong they did eveything they could to help sort it whereas the Snoworks guys just steered clear of all the problems. In my opinion my contract was with Snoworks so i feel the customer service offered by their reps was very poor, they guys just didnt seem able to cope with that side of things so ignored it.
ski holidays
snobunni, I'm glad you're going to get compensation for the skis, that seems only fair to me since they were in the care of the guide when they were misplaced/lost/nicked or whatever.

Re the rucksack-you'd think if thieves got into the minibus they would have stolen more than one bag in the hope of finding money, cameras etc. Obviously they were not very effective thieves. Confused
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, yeah thats what i cant work out, must have been opportunists i guess, apart from the passport there was nothing in there of any real value, well unless they really wanted a wet marles dekker swimsuit lol Toofy Grin Snoworks have offered me one of the winter piste performance courses as a goodwill gesture too, but the husband really doesnt like the idea of me going away with them again on my own plus that would use up the last bit of my next years holiday allowance . . .
snow report
snobunni, did you all have to carry your passport round with you on that trip then? That's good they've offered you a winter Piste Performance course as a goodwill gesture too although true that it's difficult to take up the offer if it uses your holiday allowance.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, the police and military can demand your passport at anytime down there so its advisable to carry it with you . . . or not as the case may be lol
snow conditions
snobunni,
Quote:

the police and military can demand your passport at anytime down there

That's true in the case of lots of European countries too, including France and Belgium - it's an offence not to carry an identity card or equivalent.
ski holidays
Quote:

the police and military can demand your passport at anytime down there so its advisable to carry it with you . . . or not as the case may be lol

snobunni, Where did you hear that information from?
latest report
Hurtle, not in France it isn't. You should carry a valid licence if you are driving, but it's not compulsory to own an ID card, let alone carry it around all the time.
latest report
freestyleandy, the foreign office and lonely planet guides when i was looking into visa/vaccination/currency issues
ski holidays
snobunni, very strange that. If you are driving a car with a foriegn license you are meant to carry you passport too, but its not needed at any other time, unless you are planning on crossing the borders (or getting put in jail!).
snow report
Lizzard, really? Must have changed since last I came across this. Possibly it's changed in Belgium too, then - that's where I nearly got arrested just going across the road to post a letter, without my ID/passport. rolling eyes
ski holidays
It's certainly not on the list of things you need when driving in France, but if you're there as a tourist you're automatically going to have passport with you, I suppose, so they wouldn't need to add this to the notice.
However, if it's a requirement to have a photo ID on your person (went to Belgium looong time ago, burnt my passport (only one of the one year thingies) to win a slightly drunken bet on the first night, at immigration on the way home, I just fumbled drunkenly in my rucksack until the guy let me in. Oh, the things we do....) I would have thought that the various cross channel ticket sellers would have a statutary obligation to flag this.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy