Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resort near Grenoble

Poster: A snowHead
I am sure this has probably been covered at some stage in the past but everybodys wish list is different so here is ours:

Our group consists of 6 lads of mixed ability ranging from one guy on his 2nd ski trip and still finding his feet, a couple of us who have had a few trips and enjoy plenty of cruisey reds through to a couple of more adventurous off piste heroes.

Trip in mid March lasts only from Thursday through to the following Tuesday so don't want to spend too long travelling.

Happy to spend a bit on decent hotel accomodation - all suggestions welcome.

Decent nightlife is a must.Very Happy

Have looked at both ADH and LDA but can't decide which would suit us better. (Would also welcome any other alternative sugestions). In particular some previous postings I have read would seem to suggest that LDA hasn't got a great choice for the intermediate level skier and I would love to hear any opinions on that.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Staff, Welcome to SH.

LDA is your best bet.

Or Meribel.

Check j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Grenoble.html.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Staff, Welcome to Snowheads. I would disagree that LDA hasn't much for the intermediate level skier, plenty of blues, reds and blacks. In fact having skied quite a bit at both I would say there isn't much between them for what you are looking for, ADH may just shade it for your 2nd weeker with plenty of greens right above the resort. I didn't sample the nightlife too much but I would think that LDA just shades it there. Travelling is about the same to each of them from the airport.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Staff, While I don't think we have a lot of reds - there are a lot of blues that think they're red! This may change next season. The person who doesn't like LDA is the person who just likes to clock up mileage. Night life is good though - bit of a rep as a party town. Lots of off piste - lots of steep, mostly unpisted. As Colin B, says travel time is about the same. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been to both ADH and LDA and both resorts will fit your bill. ADH is somewhat better for pure intermediates because the area is more spread out with different villages. LDA has probably the best area for more advanced skiers. A nice resort is also Les 7 Laux, very close to Grenoble and 120 km of pistes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
isn't that far to courchevel les arcs or the tarentaise resorts from Grenoble
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dan100, For 4 days skiing???? Anyway, why pay so much more? Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LDA and stay at the lutins great hotel if its going to be anything like when we go away on our lads trip wink wink
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Staff, mid March is perfect timing for a day out to La Grave (easy from Deux Alpes, they almost connect at the top), perfect for the aspiring off piste hero !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the feedback.

Looks like I will be putting forward the case for LDA to my buddies.

Anybody got any further details on the Lutins hotel?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stayed there at the PSB last year very close to main lift basic but great value and great pub as well search on here or pm easiski, for details
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Staff, I've stayed there a couple of times, great value place slap bang in the middle of town. No online bookings but they speak good English if you phone them on 04 76 79 21 52
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have Lutins down for a possible weekend trip, should it be renamed as "Hotel Les Lutins (sponsored by snowheads)"
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
martski, Well, you speak as you find... lots of Snowheads have stayed there since the first PSB, and it's cheap, clean and very friendly. Very well placed in the town too - so not much else to say! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just to let you know, we have booked the Lutins Hotel in LDA for mid March.

Thanks for all the advice and recommendations.
snow report
As easiski said.

Go Lutins and Jutta's ski hut Extreme..Laughing Laughing
snow report
Have a look at Saint Sorlin d'Arves. Mainly Dutch there, so it's cheap for us English, it's quiet, lots of skiing. Nightlife isn't the best but there's one or two v decent spots.

Bit of a hidde gem, I think.

Ed
snow conditions
What about Chamrouse - 40 mins from Grenoble.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy