Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good resorts for WORKing a ski season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all Smile

I want to work a ski season and am wondering what's a good resort to aim for... any ideas? Anyone have previous experience in this regard?

Molto grazie.

Roger
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHead s RogerThat. You'll probably get more helpful info if you say a bit more about the kind of work you want to do, and what relevant skills and experience you have (cooking, bar work, ski tech, languages, etc). In many cases people without much in the way of relevant skills and experience, but who are prepared to work hard for very little money in return for ski time would look at getting a job with a tour operator - and then "get sent" to a particular resort, rather than having much chance to choose. Have you had a look at the natives.co.uk website? It's a good starting point.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RogerThat, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

There are two schools of thought as to a good resort. One is that you go for the biggest ski area you can get, the other is to go for a smaller resort, where you get to know all the staff well. Both have advantages, it all depends on your personality and reasons for doing a season.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RogerThat, Have a look at www.natives.co.uk as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you planning to get a job before you go, or just rock up in a resort & try to find a job?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to snowHeads RogerThat.

There are a number of people on the board that own / run / manage winter businesses. It may be a good idea to post something about yourself here - age, experience, what you're looking for, etc. You never know who might read the thread.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RogerThat, Depending on your visa suitabilty - go for Whistler! If you want to get a job working for the mountain operator and an outdoor job (i.e max skiing time) then the native language means that you are not restricted unlike European resorts.

I went over there having completed an application form online and a brief phone conversation to book an interview time at the recruitment fair in October, but with no guarantee of a job. I had no experience whatsoever in hospitality or the likes, they base the majority of their recruitment on personality. I got a job a lifty (which to this date 7 years on is still the best job I have ever had) and full training was provided. I had a friend out there who had never skied before in her life, but because of her experience with working with children, she got a job teaching toddlers to ski - after having passed her CSIA level 1.

I did the whole season out there and loved every minute. We worked 4 days on 3 days off, so the working days were long and hard work, but rewarded by many ski breaks throughout the day. Staff accomodation was pretty cheap and I took home CDN$600 every 2 weeks, which kept me reasonably well. But then you ain't there for the money. Plus you get a free season pass!

Good luck!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wow guys, thanks a lot!! Much bigger response than I expected... I'm looking for any kind of job, though bar work sounds about right for me. I'm not very experienced, but very social. Thanks for the tip about natives, they seem really popular with the community... also for ski resort jobs I found www.ski-jobs.co.uk, which is pretty ugly but I think their range of jobs might be bigger than natives. I may be going to La Plagne after I applied there.

Thanks again! All the best...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like you may have your mind set on La Plagne but having carried out a couple of ski seasons in the past I would concentrate on finding a job that suits rather than worrying too much about the resort. I worked in an office for one of the big operators in a small resort in France and later in a ski school in Winter Park Colorado. Both jobs and resorts were very different but importantly gave me loads of time off for skiing and boarding - they were a great talking point in job interviews in later life too! I think you're pretty much guaranteed to have a good time wherever you do your season so just make sure the job allows you the time get up the mountain. Good luck!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy