Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

White Dot Freeride (WDF) says thanks

Poster: A snowHead
Just wanted to post a quick mail to say thanks for the well wishes about WDF and to all those interested a quick update of where we are as we plan to be very open about what we're doing.

Our moulds are complete for the first three models. "The One" 119/89/113 166cm, 173cm and 180cm, "The Preacher" 155/112/133 169cm, 179cm and 189cm and last but not least, Parlors "The Redeemer" rockered in 148/128/138, 190cm.

The factory is starting production this week after sorting the graphics out last week. We've still got to have a play with materials but the first skis out of the moulds are ISOsport high speed base/2mm 360degree edges/ triaxale glass/ Okumepoplar lam core/ Carbon kevlar composite/ nylon topsheet and ABS side walls.

This season we'll carry on testing with a limited number production run so the skis won't be for sale to the public until the 2010 season as we really want to get construction nailed.

For all the peeps offering to help with the testing, thanks for the offers. I'm sure we can get prototype skis to people to try and give feedback.

We'll be based in Chatel this season so if anybody is in that area PM me to hook up.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I heard the rumours from Parlor - great to see this is happening

I am going to start lobbying for something longer with a flat tail

just to be annoying Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kiwi1, Good luck........side of Merc always available!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno wrote:
I am going to start lobbying for something longer with a flat tail

All ready on it!

The Redeemer is less of true twin though. The tail is 53mm high, rockered from 250mm (from the tail). The tip is 80mm high, rockered from 350mm.

I AM SO STOKED FOR WDF RIGHT NOW! BRING SNOW. PLEASE. ASAP. (WELL I CAN WAIT FOR ANOTHER TWO WEEKS UNTIL THEY COME OUT OF THE FACTORY!!!).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like the sound of the Preacher and Redeemer - share some more info on tip/rocker/sidecut profiles Smile

Want a pair to be tested/demoed to people in Fernie? Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well done guys,

Can I suggest "The Murdoch" 210cm 64-58-62 Flat tail pointy tip, neon topsheet wink (sorry DM)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DaveC, I'll PM you my mob and we can discuss testing in Fernie.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why such noodles, it's a shame you are not making any fat skis.

What you need is a decent launch party:
Somewhere with style.
Somewhere with PR interest.
Somewhere with history, class and sophistication.

Instead you are having your launch party in a *******.

Because I am kind I will keep the date a place a secret....I do this in the full knowledge that gatecrashers could be a problem given the exclusivity of the venue.

Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kiwi1, let us know when the website is up and running but looks like an exciting product. I like the sound of the Redeemer, a lot. Would be great to hear a review on it, if you decide to get rid of an extra pair or a blem pair dibs Toofy Grin snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rungsp, nice one, ruin all our street cred in one post! Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rungsp PMSL. The launch party will be next year when when we've nailed the construction . Ideas on location in writing please.

In the mean time if anyone wants to see me or parlor water ski on the redeemer join the whitedotfreeride group. Loch Earn first weekend in Oct. It's the weekend we get the first skis out of the moulds so a chance to wakeboard/waterski, drink loads of whiskey and make fools of ourselves.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 15-09-08 15:15; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ah ah a quick google finds this - it is very high class so rungsp must be wrong wink

2006 Lunar Rendez-vous DS

A very high class special edition Lunar with a massive 19ft internal length, giving full sized seating to the front, and a large double bed to the rear (with optional bunk above). It s also got a great sized washroom and sealed separate shower. The kitchen is well appointed, with a good sized working area too. With CD radio, hight adjustable aerial, external gas and 240 volt points, external wet locker, alloy wheels, stabiliser hitch...... the list goes on !

A very high spec 5 berth layout. Includes 12 month warranty, full pre- delivery inspection, and a valet inside and out.

Length: 19 ’

Unladen weight approx 1209 kg's

Berths: Five Berth

SOLD
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob, nothing that flash. My winter will be spent i a 720 hobby. I'm going gypo this season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OI! You told me the party was at an exclusive lodge backing on to the Loch! I've packed my golf clubs and fly rod you bar'steward.

FYI: Website has just gone up but is having a little trouble today, should be OK now:

http://www.whitedotfreeride.com/

Or check the Facebook group for hype, rumours and ski details.

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23367731118
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
parlor, doh........ Toofy Grin
snow conditions
any jobs going??? Very Happy
snow conditions
Had a proper look around the site and facebook page - it looks like a really exciting brand, and I can't wait to see how the Redeemer turns out Very Happy
snow report
Hey! nothing wrong with a caravan, well, meself and the missus will be bringing along a mint Adria 25footer to the party 'cos we're ski pikeys! Any tarmacking will be done on request......
ski holidays
DaveC, thanks bro. I say thanks because I've been dreaming about this ski non-stop for a long time. And now it's real.
ski holidays
parlor, Gay. Laughing
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I know.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, has he told you about the dream he had with you in it. Shocked be affraid.......be very afraid Toofy Grin Shocked Laughing
latest report
kiwi1, All sounds terribly exciting, best of luck.
As ever, I am more than happy to sacrifice my time and take a prototype range out for a shakedown and critique
snow conditions
Wow, this sounds great, the website is brill looking forward to when all the functionality is there and I can't wait to try out a pair of Whitedots! I'm heading to Whistler this season so if any make it out that way please let me know as I'd be super keen to give them a go! I see someone above mentioned Fernie, I'll be with the non-stop company who operate in Fernie as well as Whistler so could make it over there perhaps to get involved.

Whatever, keep up the good work guys its looking brilliant so far! The pics on facebook are sweet as well, must be a really exciting time for you guys keep us all posted with your progress and developments I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to be involved however I can be.

Rock on, and bring on the snow! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
bensley, if everything works our DaveC will be the man to contact in Canankistan.
ski holidays
Best of luck! Sounds like you've got some interesting shapes there. I'll be badgering you come december for a go on 'em. Can I pass a pair or two round morzine for demoing? Pretty please?
ski holidays
ice_pie, kiwi1 will be in Chatel for most of the winter. Better get yourself over there where he will have a great selection of toys to ski on...
latest report
kiwi1, I hadn't spotted this so far - I doubt that I'll ever aspire to a pair, but good luck with the venture all the same.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, good luck guys! I've got Doc's old skis for this season, I'll have the replacements next season too if they're going Smile
ski holidays
fatbob, Nah, done already, got several pairs in the garage. Work extraordinarily well if you know what you're doing...
ski holidays
kiwi1, nice one - just spotted this after the news was posted today.

Great to see all your plans coming to fruition and best of luck Very Happy
snow report
Yup.. good luck to all. Nice to see a home grown team achieve something Cool
snow report
parlor, kiwi1, Should I cancel my order for a couple of pairs of DP Pro Plus and hold out for the WDF equivalent?? Will have to head to Chatel for a day or two...
ski holidays
Powderhound, I'll have skis in Verbier that you can try any time you like.

I've had some great news from WDF too, we will be doing the Redeemer in a 200cm+ length!!!!
snow conditions
parlor wrote:
we will be doing the Redeemer in a 200cm+ length!!!!

uh-oh

my ego is going to start writing cheques my body can't cash Skullie
latest report
Sod the skis, I'm up for a game of golf.. wink
ski holidays
parlor, Excellent! Will let you know when in town - I've got to come over and put a fence up in the garden before the ground gets too hard. I assume the permafrost has not yet set in...
snow conditions
Powderhound, dunno I'm grounded in London until Oct 30th Sad Let me know when you're over.

Arno, won't be for another year, so if you get laid off and spend all winter skiing your legs'll take it Wink My chicken legs do. Very Happy
ski holidays
parlor, it'll be mid-November unfortunately... Trying to capitalise from the credit crunch as fully as possible at the moment!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy