Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere drag lifts ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey is it just me or has anyone else noticed how fast the drag lifts go in La Rosiere. I am a big guy and they go that fast they nearly pull me of my feet when you first start. You might gather from this that i am not very good at drags and this resulted in me not venturing into La Thuile, i got to the top of the Du Fort chair lift and looked down the Chardonnet chair left to the start of the Bellecombe drag and thought 'cant do that' looking at the map do you have to take the bellecombe 1 and 2 to get to La Thuile or can you do it just using the one also how easy is it to get back ? what chair lift do you get and what number runs will get you back to the base of the Chardonnet lift? hope this makes some sense. there is a map here if you need to refresh your memory Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the link didnt paste for some reason so i will try again
www.woodyatt.f2s.com/pistmap.htm
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
get yourself to the lecht - the pomas that service the red and black runs there are extreme (not the band they suck) there are also a couple at glenshee that are just as deadly
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andybabes,

You only need to do the first drag to get to La Thuile. I much prefered the skiing on the Italian side.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, how do you get back its hard to tell on the map which way the runs 'run' !?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andybabes, to get back from La Thuile take either the Belverdere chair lift or the Picollo San Bernardo chair lift and follow the blue piste right back to the Chardonnet lift, there are lots of signs.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I am a big guy and they go that fast they nearly pull me of my feet when you first start.

Laughing Laughing The secret is to be moving as the poma engages, that way the inertia is reduced. The worst thing you can do is lean back.

I love Pomas. They are a fast and safe form of transport but are sadly a rapidly dissappearing technology Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

The secret is to be moving as the poma engages

Those first two drags have another little 'complication'. The track runs downhill for a while at the start, so what happens is that you get an almighty kick up the fundament which nearly sends you sprawling. Then gravity takes over, the spring contracts, and you start overtaking the button; some people lose it here. Then you slow down (if still upright) and the button comes back for another pop. Anybody who wobbled but survived on the first attempt is unbalanced, focused on the locus of pain, and not expecting the next wallop, which hits nearly as hard as the first. You then get 15 minutes to concentrate on staying upright before climbing a small mountain at the other end to the tip-off point. It's an interesting ride.

So, to add to the survival tip from Peter S, on these particular drags, after absorbing kick one as far as possible, you need to stick in a big snowplough to maintain tension on the spring, and then release as the cable starts to move away from you. Then admire the glorious scenery.

David
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tosser wrote:
get yourself to the lecht - the pomas that service the red and black runs there are extreme (not the band they suck) there are also a couple at glenshee that are just as deadly

They are all still as mental as ever. Great for humiliating boarders. The Alpha at Nevis isn't fast but the track is cambered to pitch newcomers straight into a fence. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what...snow,

Yep, I've got some decent air off the Kestrel and Harrier pomas at the Lecht, and the Glas Maol poma at Glenshee's not far behind. They tend to be at their "best" when the snow is limited.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I didn't find the drags over into La Thuile that fierce - not as bad as some of the ones down in La Ros - but it is quite entertaining when you're going downhill and "overtaking" the Poma. Spent most of my time on the long drags anxiously watching number 2 son (6) entertaining himself doing little weaves and jumps praying that he wouldn't fall off cos' it would have been a longish ski back to the beginning!

The first time we went over to La Thuile we didn't really do much skiing over there - just went down to the village and then straight back as we were a bit stressed about how long it would take us with the kids and worried about getting stuck in Italy - however it is quite well signed to get back which is just as well as from the piste map it isn't always immediately clear which way the lifts run!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy