Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP - Teenagers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Live in Portugal. Choosing between Vars, Valloire and Valmeinier, two adults plus 14 and 18 year old boys. Which one should we go to? Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
puzzikatt, welcome to snowHeads. Teenagers are out of my range of expertise, but I'm sure someone will be along soon.

are you looking for advice on the skiing or other things for teenagers to do? How well do they ski?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
puzzikatt, welcome to Snowheads. Don't know Vars. Valloire would be a good bet. Valmeinier is tinier.... a lot less choice of places to go out, and less direct access to most of the ski area.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
puzzikatt, welcome to snowHeads, nice to see that you're skiing through the alphabet - I take it that this is your 22nd trip!! In 2 years time we will be able to help you with a resort X.

Out of interest, why those 3 resorts, and what are your teens into, 14 and 18 are quite dissimilar really I would have thought Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

14 and 18 are quite dissimilar really I would have thought Confused

But you can't exactly take the liddle sods to two separate resorts, can you?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It all depends on what the teenagers want?

None of those resorts would suit an 18 year old who wants to go drinking and is into their apres ski.

If they are into off piste and hurtling down blacks like most teenagers I know love to do. Those resorts aren't really going to fit the bill.

They don't really seem to me like the resorts you would specifically take teenagers to.

Why these resorts anyway?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

None of those resorts would suit an 18 year old who wants to go drinking and is into their apres ski

Might suit their parents for that exact same reason. If teenagers can afford to do much drinking in resort bars they're getting too much pocket money. wink Mine used to head to the supermarket for a bottle of Old Lady Gin and a big box of cheap beers. Of course, if said 18 year old has a job and has saved up his/her own money for their ski holiday, I take it all back....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Quote:

None of those resorts would suit an 18 year old who wants to go drinking and is into their apres ski

Might suit their parents for that exact same reason. If teenagers can afford to do much drinking in resort bars they're getting too much pocket money. wink Mine used to head to the supermarket for a bottle of Old Lady Gin and a big box of cheap beers. Of course, if said 18 year old has a job and has saved up his/her own money for their ski holiday, I take it all back....

We are off to Valloire for New Year, main reason wanted somewhere I hope isn't too crowded and not full of jumped up "Hooray's" and secondly my 18 year old son who CAN ski had a couple of days there with his mates after visiting 3 Valleys earlier this year and on his recommendation we are going back as he says it will be great for all of us to go as a family and I might actually be able to afford to take us all out on the razz.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks for all the replies- As for the comments about 14 and 18yr old not wanting the same things ........... we just feel like a quiet - "ish" fmaily holiday where parents can feel both boys can go off for the day and ski to their hearts content without mum getting anxious, and all falling exhausted into a local restaurant for bottle of wine, a couple of beers/cokes and half decent meal before collapsing into bed. Parents and boys all intermediates, not looking for amazing slopes, just escape from Algarve for Christmas week. Many thanks to all. x
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
puzzikatt, sounds like Valloire will float your boat. My kids, and some others in the chalet, did a whole lot of yomping off piste there one day (on their blades....). They went into ditches, and out again, and had the best day ever, it seems. We didn't know till they got back. There might be a question about snow, that early - but that applies to many resorts. It wasn't fantastic the only time I've been there (mid January) but others might be able to give more info - maybe ask on a separate thread for information about snow cover at Valloire at Christmas.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
puzzikatt, sounds like Valloire will float your boat. My kids, and some others in the chalet, did a whole lot of yomping off piste there one day (on their blades....). They went into ditches, and out again, and had the best day ever, it seems. We didn't know till they got back. There might be a question about snow, that early - but that applies to many resorts. It wasn't fantastic the only time I've been there (mid January) but others might be able to give more info - maybe ask on a separate thread for information about snow cover at Valloire at Christmas.

Yes like I posted above my son was there for about 4 or 5 days with some mates of his who he gatecrashed on after his trip to 3V's. They were 2nd week skiers at best, however he will ski anything on/off piste, parks. He loved the place and although he did not find it challenging, he didn't get bored either.

The best thing he liked about it was that he was able to go out for a few shandy's without paying 8 euro's a pint, as he had been for the previous 10 days. All the group were 18-20 year old's and they didn't find the place too low key, but not Meribel either.

He did however clean himself out and had to get his Dad to pay for an unexpected flight home Mad Mad and transfer a couple of hundred quid spends into his account. But as he had got himself there by crossing the 3 Valleys on skis carrying his very large kit bag and then up to the 3 Valleys express lift and down into Orelle and then bus from there, I guess I can forgive him for it and so far I have seen no signs of the "Oh please Dad I'll pay you back when I get home, promise" money back. Razz

Snow cover at Christmas, it's a lottery. But if no snow at Valloire, I intend to ski 3 valleys via Orelle.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy