Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
Yes folks here we go again!

tonight the top of the granon is sufficiently covered!

we had a bit the other night but it was just a bit and quite high up, this we can see even tonight!

hooray!

might drive up to check the depth tomorrow!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow on prorel, grand serre and cucamel this morning. lovely!

oh and guesse what happens tomorrow night......... full moon!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It must have already melted as I can't see any snow on this webcam which I think is pointed at Prorel. http://www.lecafesoleil.com/webcam/

Sending the cheque for the appartment tomorow! Can't wait now!

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
it didn't last long but the pic de roche brune is still very white snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowangel., and long may it last...............
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
More predicted! http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Serre-Chevalier/6day/top

Although I don't believe those predicted temperatures. Although I may be wrong!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christopher, temperatures will be right for 2800m. Check out the quotes for 1200m to see what the valley floor is going to be like.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it's cold in the Alps at the moment, but I bet it will be very pleasant when I'm out walking in mid October. Certainly has been for the last six years. Snow in September doesn't mean much, frankly.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, no it doesn't mean much but its a nice veiw now with snowy caps at the briancon end of the valley.

Christopher, temps here are really cold and the wind is really cold today has been freezing. I spend most of my days when not working in Le Lauzet with my horse, its bloody freezing up there and its only 1800m, so i imagine those temps are probably dead on!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
With all this talk of Serre Chevalier I've decided to go there, for the first time, in February.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rich.ll, good man! will see you here
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rich.ll, excellent. YOu will enjoy it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some friends of mine will be staying in Villeneuve, and it looks like I, and another friend, will be staying in Monetier. What is the bus service like between those two villages, both during the day and into the night Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Other people will be able to give you a much better idea of the bus service.

This is the information you want: http://www.autocars-rignon.com/francais/html/briancon-serre_chevalier.html

Stops at about 19.30. So hardly a night service.

The taxis I've experienced in the area bleed you dry of cash. So that might be an expensive alternative.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rich.ll,it is fine in the day time, but it finishes in the early evening. I haven't had to get a taxi between the two, but a taxi from Briancon railway station to Monetier at 8.30 in the morning was about 40€ for a 13km trip. Locals will know the best taxi service to use. Where are you staying in Monetier? n
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

Where are you staying in Monetier?

I'm trying to sort that out. Might try harder at finding a place in Villeneuve.
snow report
rich.ll, try tadpole holidays, they have nice places in villenueve.
or if you want a studio in chantemerle (which is walkable to villenueve) i can put you in touch with a friend who has a really nice one
ski holidays
snowangel., Thanks for the advice. I've just sent Tadpole Holidays an email.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, i have sent you a pm but in case you dont get it what are the snow levels usually like new year time in Villeneuve
snow report
andybabes, how long is a piece of string?????
its not how much snow thats in villeneuve that relevent, you only ski down to it or use the baby slopes there, its how much there is up top,
that could be anything from 30cm to 200cm, who knows what new year will bring
snow report
andybabes, PM answered.
latest report
rich.ll, snowangel., You'll see us there too in Jan/Feb. Staying in Villeneuve for 4 weeks.
snow conditions
marmalade, if your here for that long we should hook up, i can show you around!
snow report
Hi snowangel., what were conditions like in mid/late March this year? I was there in Feb and it was brilliant, but this coming season we'll likely be somewhat later in the year.
snow report
jonm wrote:
Hi snowangel., what were conditions like in mid/late March this year? I was there in Feb and it was brilliant, but this coming season we'll likely be somewhat later in the year.

Fantastic from midway through 2nd week of march. I was there when it started snowing again
snow report
dan100, I'll second that, we will be there from 8th March this year.
snow report
dan100, Helen Beaumont, thanks.
snow report
jonm, conditions were awesome most of last season bar the french school holidays!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel., Any photos yet? I'm stuck in the UK and the webcams dont always work in interseason! pretty please. Very Happy
snow report
snowangel., I think that's when I was there, and it seemed pretty damn good to me then Cool
latest report
easiski, i scolded myself on the way back from le lauze because the bit of the montagnol you can see for the road had some fresh on it this morning! Unfortunately i had no camera as i had been riding my pony!
sorry!
snow report
snowangel., Hah! - I thought that was my trick. Where is your pony? Is it a pony? didn't know you had one. Shock
snow report
Quote:

conditions were awesome most of last season bar the french school holidays!

it's annoying, isn't it, when people assume that February has to be the best snow of the season?
ski holidays
pam w, our worst snow conditions in Serre Che have been in Feb half-term (we had no choice because of SAT's test and start of GCSE's), on our one and only European half-term holiday. Best was the first week in January (but it was bloody cold), although this April was pretty awesome, particularly because I didn't expect the conditions to be good, and went prepared to do some cleaning, wash the curtains, and enoy some walking. Very Happy
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, funny. My first time in SC was 1st week in Jan 02 - was a stunning week. But as you say it can be sodding cold!! Warm memories though Very Happy
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

conditions were awesome most of last season bar the french school holidays!

it's annoying, isn't it, when people assume that February has to be the best snow of the season?

No it's not Pam, the less people who know about it, the quieter it is for those that do Smile
ski holidays
easiski, i bought her this summer, she's haflinger so just a horse, but i like calling her my pony! She's stabled at le lauze, its lovely 20 horses at grass all together. She's a nightmare to ride alone though and has just got over a should injury so i've lost 7 weeks work on her, c'est la vie!

there was snow on the top peaks today. Very Happy
latest report
I've just booked my accommodation in Serre Chevalier in Villeneuve. Will be there for the week starting January 31.
snow report
rich.ll, good job! see you here!
snow report
snow this morning, thankfully not down to resort level but close.what had fallen on the granon and prorel has now melted as it is a beautiful morning;
i haven't seen it but am reliably informed the yret face is well covered;
i hiked the montagnol yesterday, good job as today it would have been a hike through snow

we are certainly on our way
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy