Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When do the discounts start?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning a boys trip to either ADH, Meribel or Courcheval 1650 for eight in late January/early Feb.

Last year we got a catered Chalet at half price through Thompson booking in December.

Does anyone have any idea when the operators normally start discounting?

Should we book now or hold on?

Thanks for any input.

David
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It could happen at any time but from my experience it starts from mid or end of October/November time. Keep a look out though from now though, the good deals can vanish faster than they appear!

I paid only £235 including insurance for a Half Board Ski in/out hotel in Passo Tonale last year! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DavidYacht,
I always found the best January deals appeared after everyone gets back to work after the Christmas/New Year hols, the absolute best deal (£119, 75% off, 4* Catered Chalet, Balcons de Belle Plagne inc Geneva flights, back in 2003 though) I got on a Friday after New Year departing the very next day! Depends how flexible you are with resorts, dates, etc, but there is normally quite a bit of variety in early/mid Jan, tails off and prices increase as you move twd & into Feb.

The difficulty you will have in getting a really cheap deal is that you are narrowing down your resort choice and looking for eight places, the best deals will be odd unsold rooms for 2 and they could be in any resort. You may stand a better chance with a Club Hotel as these have loads of rooms that tour ops must try and fill throughout the season.

Remember that the tour ops try and judge demand so as not to have over-capacity that they will have to distress sell, but invariably it happens in the lowest parts of the season, they have to make their profit from the peak times.

Anything approaching 50% off brochure price is a good deal.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boyfriend & I are looking to go for a week in Austria 13th-20th December... would we be better off waiting a few more weeks to see if there are any price cuts? We found cheap flights (£140 return for both of us) to Salzburg which we were going to book, but they suddenly jumped to £450+ before we had decided rolling eyes , so I think we'll prob have to book a package deal now...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
becsinbath wrote:
Boyfriend & I are looking to go for a week in Austria 13th-20th December... would we be better off waiting a few more weeks to see if there are any price cuts? We found cheap flights (£140 return for both of us) to Salzburg which we were going to book, but they suddenly jumped to £450+ before we had decided rolling eyes , so I think we'll prob have to book a package deal now...

I'd hold on.. as a couple you've got massive flexibility...unlike the OP who is trying to book for 8...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
look at fasttrackski.co.uk , basically it is a broker for all the late deals. Don't book with them as they add a fee, which I think is largely based on how much they think they can get away with. Just use there website to find where the deals are and copy & paste the name of the accomadation into google, I have had some fantastic deals like La Plagne Easter 06 half board 3* for £189 each.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shirley it depends on how many people you are? I would expect that the larger the party the early you'd want to book? Just in case.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor wrote:
Shirley it depends on how many people you are? I would expect that the larger the party the early you'd want to book? Just in case.

Yes of course it does, planning a boys trip, would be probably be best advised to book. If you wait for a last minute cheapie you aren't going to get all of you in the same accomadation, maybe not even the same resort.

When I have booked last minute it was for a max of 4 and that's not really what I would consider the number for a boy's trip, well not a proper boy's trip anyway. Cool .
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
parlor wrote:
Quote:

Will you stop calling me Shirley? wink Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what's the verdict on late booking this season?

my thinking is that with people tightening their belts and the racy euro rate there will be late bargains to be had this year???
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
luigi, roger, Roger.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
parlor, Over and out.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
luigi, maybe but bear in mind that much of the economics behind winter operations is to generate contribution to summer overheads - like flight seat capacity. with the demise of several locos that may mean fewer surplus seats and fewer discounted packages.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch, yeah agreed, I guess this winter we might be entering uncharted territory if more short-haul airlines fail.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Boyfriend & I are looking to go for a week in Austria 13th-20th December... would we be better off waiting a few more weeks to see if there are any price cuts?

You might be better off waiting a few months to see if there's any snow. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy