Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers Chambery to Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

anyone out there know a reasonably priced way to get from chambery to les arcs (arc 1950).

For a transfer that is under 2 hours all the quotes we have been suggested are around the £80-95 RTN price.

Our dates are 1stFeb09 - 8thFeb09 on Jet 2 Flights from LBA - If anyone wishes to share, though it doesnt seem the case so much that the more of you there are the cheaper it is.

If we rented a car does anyone know if the car would be safe leaving it in the open car park at Arc 1600??
Allez les Arcs!! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
benkammy, £80-£96 is quite reasonable for a quick transfer, I assume that's a taxi or mini-bus. There are various options if time is not important, the train from Chambery to BSM is very cheap but takes over 2 hrs. You could try contacting a taxi/mini-bus company in BSM, have a look on the Les Arcs website and you'll find a few.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try a quote from Transfer Intelligence.

and welcome to snowHeads. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
benkammy, welcome to Snowheads. That's a per-head price, presumably (if it's for two, it's a super bargain, grab immediately)

I would think a car would be safe enough in the open car park, though you might (if you are lucky) have to dig it out from under the enormous depth of new snow which falls during your holiday.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
benkammy, welcome to snowHeads & Allez Les Arcs Smile

If you are staying in 1950 won't you get a car parking space in the underground car park there?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
indeed the price was per person, so for 6 persons it seems a lot of money. For the distance.

The apartments do not mention anything of parking in 1950, so we are presuming that is out of the question.
I will look in to the train idea.

Thanks for all yoru responses.
Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Underground parking was about 70 EUR per week in Arc 1950 last year (we were staying in Radisson). Plenty of space there, 2 or 3 levels.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
benkammy, One of the cheapest transfers and best which we use alot is www.coolbus.co.uk I just got a quote for 6 people to les arc for 88 EUROS round trip pp, grab it!! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cockofthenorth, what you doing up at that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
redrunmarcus, aahhh how is the?? am an early riser
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try Pascal @ Taxis Aarthur - he did us a very reasonable price and good service

http://mysnowsports.com/transfers

Book via Pete @ MSS for a discount
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hello - HELP!! can anyone help 2 of us get from Chambery to Les Arcs on fri 6th Feb??

Our plane goes to Lyon and then we are getting the train to Chambery - and then we will miss the last train to Les Arc....was thinking if anybody had any web links that I could tap into re: Car sharing an' all that jazz

x
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy