Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets - Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Les Gets with a group in January, some will need ski and boot hire, some just ski hire. Our chalet is located about 300 metres from the slopes, so to make life easier we are looking for a ski hire shop (very) close to the slopes, who will look after the skis and hired boots each night.

So far just found Sport 2000, but don't know if they offer this service.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michaud Sports (SkiSet franchise) is the one I've used many times before. Right near the Chavannes lift.

Decent discount (15-20% off c/o the Chalet I stayed at a few times). They're usually happy for everyone in a party to store skis/boots overnight and shoes/boots during the day even if only half were actually rented.

edit: hmmm post #1001 (how did I miss 1000?)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jashcroft, used Sport 2000 at Easter this year with no problems. Store shoes during the day, boots and skis overnight, just put on a sticky lablel to identify them (supplied by the store) and bobs your uncle. The shop is right at the bottom of the home run, couldn't be easier IMV.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jashcroft, second Michaud Sports - if you follow the links here for Ski Hire in Ski Extras (button near the top) you can book with 20% discount http://www.alpine-charms.co.uk/ - very simple Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jashcroft, we used Sport 2000 on many occasions but for the last four trips we have changed to Berthet Sports (equally handy on Front de Neige near lifts). Sport 2000 (Contat Sports) hadn't been quite so good (just our opinion) and a friend of mine on a girls weekend also had a potentially dangerous ski from them. Manager not very apologetic and yet gave some new lad got a severe public rollocking ~ lost some confidence then.

Berthet is a more expensive looking place, but when we first compared them, they were cheaper for a long weekend, so shop around. They are a very professional bunch esp Jean-Pierre and Julian in the ski dept. They will listen to what you want and give expert advice even if busy. I bought ex-rentals from them in April and I was so impressed with the service, you would have thought I had bought 10 pairs of the very best Very Happy
Also, even when busy, there seems to be just a little more room in the boot room. No problem leaving kit overnight.

http://www.berthet-sports.com/

Online discount.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND www.doorstepskis.com
they will deliver to your accomodation and fit the skis for you then you simply leave them there at the end of the holiday and they take them back. Prices are keen and service 2nd to none. I used them last year and after about 2 hrs i was not happy with my choice of skis (my choice) as they were too fat and not good on piste. A quick phonecall and Willy arranged to meet me near the lifts in les get and swapped the skiis for a differnt pair. When i called him i was in morzine on my way over to les gets for the day and he agreed to drive over there and meet me so as not to mess up my day - great service. The other advantage is you can choose your skiis on the website before you travel and discuss with them your ability level and ski preference and choose suitable skis. you avoid the hire shop scrum on arrival - they will simply turn up bright and early on your first ski day and bring the skis. i cant think of any reason NOT to use them !!
Willy , a scottish bloke, is the main man. give them a try !
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can also recommend Berthet Sports - good service, no problems changing skis if you want a different variety! Also happy for you to leave skis/boots there saving the lug back to the Chalet. They will also wax/service your own skis at the end of the week very reasonably and quickly if you want to take them home all freshly serviced.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jashcroft, Have used these people a couple of times good service close to slopes and you can book online in advance http://www.delavaysports.com/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy