Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Lifts in Austria- Ski -amade area

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Last week went up 5 different gondolas in the area and took some pictures of the new lifts in the area. There was a new chair built in Leogang but I didn't take any pictures of it.

Up at Bad Gastein there are building a new 8 -seat gondola at Stubnerkogel. First time I have been there- very open space with no trees.

Station at top :-

No wire on yet- will have to get a move on. there could be snow up there by October.

Looking down the slope:-

Looking down to Bad Hofgastein:-

Now the one I am really looking forward to the new 8-seat gondola in Muehlbach!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing It has replaced 3 drags and will make a large area available by using 2 gondolas and 3 chairs. And 2 new pistes aswell plus new snow boarding park. These were taken at he end of August so they will need to get a move on- it will be snowing up there soon!!

The new gondolas:-

Bottom station:-

One of the new piste:-

This is one of the lifts it replaced and the trees to the right is one of the new pistes.

This is where the new top station is:-

Replacing this drag so connecting to the chair from Dienten.

If anybody is out this way this season we wold love to meet up and have a ski. we had a few days skiing with sone snowheads last year which was really good.

Nigel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nigel, a fantastic report, thank you very much. Tomorrow I meet the representatives of Hochkonig Tourist Board, I am sure they will be happy to hear this interest.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
djfletcher, Nice pics of the lift in Bad Hofgastein!! Was there at end of July and saw them building it then, looks like they have progressed quite a bit!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kerekip wrote:
Nigel, a fantastic report, thank you very much. Tomorrow I meet the representatives of Hochkonig Tourist Board, I am sure they will be happy to hear this interest.

Hi,

I'm intrigued !! Why are you meeting them?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
djfletcher wrote:
I'm intrigued !! Why are you meeting them?

Before the season Ski amadé has a presentation in Budapest every year. This year Hochkonig is 'the special guest'.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
djfletcher, the other half and I will no doubt be over for a few days in January at some point so we'll give you a shout and see if we can hook up again for another day (or two) on the snow.

Good to see the continued investment in the Amade region.

See you soon(ish) all being well snowHead !

D
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No reason why you should know this, but maybe.

I seem to recall that a new black run is supposed to be put in with that gondola. I'd heard it had been put off until next summer, though, for one reason or another. Do you have any knowledge of this?

I just ask because I'll be there over Christmas.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ami in berlin wrote:
No reason why you should know this, but maybe.

I seem to recall that a new black run is supposed to be put in with that gondola. I'd heard it had been put off until next summer, though, for one reason or another. Do you have any knowledge of this?

I just ask because I'll be there over Christmas.

In Muehlbach?? No according to the new piste map all blues!!

Or in Gastein according to the new piste map all red apart from the black from the bottem of the chair.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry. I Forgot to clarify. Bad Gastein.

They mention the new run on the website, but I'd heard a rumor that they would not complete it this summer. Just wondering what the truth is.
http://en.winter.skigastein.com/News/Winter_2008/senderbahn.htm
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
djfletcher, hi, me and Mrs Seany will be in Maria Alm over the New Year and are hoping to get over to Muelbach, I've heard lots of good things about the place! Do you know if there are any plans to put in a lift from Hintermoos to Gabühel?That would link the whole area, getting the bus to Hinterthal is a real pain!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seany wrote:
djfletcher, hi, me and Mrs Seany will be in Maria Alm over the New Year and are hoping to get over to Muelbach, I've heard lots of good things about the place! Do you know if there are any plans to put in a lift from Hintermoos to Gabühel?That would link the whole area, getting the bus to Hinterthal is a real pain!

Hi,

Yes we have heard that rumour since we moved here 3 years ago - Also the long drag in Dienten needs replacing as well. Yes this is a good area to ski especially our side - better snow and less busy but I would say that Smile Smile . Maybe next year come and stay here Laughing . But if you do come this way give us a call and maybe we could meet up for a ski.

Nigel
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers Nigel, we've got an apartment in Maria Alm (it's quite nice at our end of the valley too Smile ) so meeting for a ski at some point over the winter would be good. I've bookmarked your site, some great photos on there!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nigel, some nice pics of the new Senderbahn up the Stubnerkogel! I've not been out there this summer so i've just heard about it. I think they've got the cables in now, at least at the bottom. Here's a link to the webcam of the bottom station:

http://www.gasteinertal.com/webcam/senderbahn.html

ami in berlin wrote:
Sorry. I Forgot to clarify. Bad Gastein.

They mention the new run on the website, but I'd heard a rumor that they would not complete it this summer. Just wondering what the truth is.
http://en.winter.skigastein.com/News/Winter_2008/senderbahn.htm

Ami, I think the new run is the red, the black's been there a season.

The new black they talk about on the Ski Gastein site is the black that comes down into Angertal from Schlossalm (above Bad Hofgastein)(I think). That was put in before last season. I don't think there are any plans for a new black off the Stubnerkogel.

Cheers
Kersh
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Kersh. I had read about the run not being ready on a German forum, so I probably lost something in (my poor) translation.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i vaugely recall a rumour of obertauern being linked to undertauern or even all the way down to radstat.. was there ever any truth in that?
snow conditions
ami in berlin, i've had another root about on the internet and i've seen there are plans to make a new blue from the new Senderbahn middle station back to Angertal. I'm not sure if they're doing this though. I'll ask some of the locals I know and see if they know anything.

Cheers
Kersh
ski holidays
CANV CANVINGTON, If linked with the nearest resort of Zauchensee it would give links to Flachauwinkle and Kleinarl - Pretty spectacular.
snow report
Thanks Kersh. I went back and looked up what zee Germans had said:

"die schwarze abfahrt an der kaserebenbahn kommt erst zur saison 09/10, das geht sich dieses jahr nicht mehr aus"
That sounds like the run you referenced coming off Schlossalm into Angertal. But if it was put in before last season, it could not also be put off until 09/10.

Another post seems to mention that the blue run you mention will also not be ready for this winter.

The discussion is here:
http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5866&start=175

Whatever. I will go at Christmas and I will like what is there.
snow report
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, yup. going down towards radstat could be spectacular.. think i'd want to get the bus back up rather than a series of long chairs n short runs tho.. !
snow report
This maybe slightly lowering the tone a little but I couldn't help but laugh!

I was rooting round the gastein website and came across this shot of Angertal on the webcam. You can see the new Senderbahn on the right and the Angertal Ski Centre on the left. Looks like they may also be clearing a piste under the chair in the middle.

Then I looked at the cow bottom right .... good old webcams! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry it made me laugh!
ski holidays
Am i right in saying the above picture is the bad gastein/hofgastein change point where you can get a lift up over to hofgastein of bad gastein??

If they linked obertauren up would it not then mean they would need to be on the ski amade lift pass as if my memory serves me rightly it isn't currently covered!

Have been to wagrain and bad gastein in the amade region and think its a wonderful area!
snow report
swskier wrote:
Am i right in saying the above picture is the bad gastein/hofgastein change point where you can get a lift up over to hofgastein of bad gastein??

Yep, that's right. They've really improved the connextions between hofgastein and bad gastein over the last few years, the new Senderbahn is the latests phase. To get from Bad Gastein to Hofgastein (without taking the bus), you go through Angertal. It's a really nice spot in the winter and summer. snowHead

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 11-09-08 7:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
djfletcher, excellent report
ski holidays
djfletcher, Thanks for your efforts, great stuff. Austria certainly seems to have the most modern lift system in the World.
snow report
Ha, thanks. I'll make a note to avoid skiing over that particular patch if the snow is thin!
snow conditions
Fr0sty the Sn0wman wrote:
Austria certainly seems to have the most modern lift system in the World.

Absolutely agree.
Today I had a chance to talk to the managing director of Ski amadé in Budapest. He told me that there would be 4 new lifts (2 chairlifts and 2 cabins) in the regions. This year they are spending 71m euros on improvements. They have to invest this huge amount of money because there is a strong competition among the Austrian resorts. Now, 80% of the whole Ski amadé area (800km) can be covered with artificial snow.
snow report
Kersh, great webcam shot, that is why grass skiing in Austria is never to be undertaken lightly....
ski holidays
djfletcher,

Quote:

If anybody is out this way this season we wold love to meet up and have a ski. we had a few days skiing with sone snowheads last year which was really good.

I'm going to be in Radstadt for a week before Christmas. How far is that from you Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HI Rich,

We are about 35mins by road, and about 50 mins by bus/railway.
Do you have a car? The ski pass does cover here as well so if you do fancy a trip it would be lovely to meet up with you and ski.

Nigel
snow report
djfletcher,

Quote:

We are about 35mins by road, and about 50 mins by bus/railway.
Do you have a car?

I won't have a car but should be able to get across if the public transport is ok.
ski holidays
rich.ll, maybe we should take a trip over to djfletcher, I havent skiied his neck of the woods yet. Very Happy
latest report
Gosh, this thread brings back happy memories. Somehow taking away the drag lifts takes away some of the charm - especially with the new lift stations being so obtrusive. But I suspect I am in a minority of one in thinking that.
ski holidays
Quote:

I vaugely recall a rumour of obertauern being linked to undertauern or even all the way down to radstat.. was there ever any truth in that?

Sadly no...

Obertauern is bloody miles away from Radstadt, plus the terrain down to Untertauern is far to craggy for any decent kind of runs.

There have been dreams of linking Obertauern to Flachau Winkl but it is just too far and too costly to bother doing.

Obertauern is also not part of the Ski Alliance Amade so they have there own passes and seperate prices. However, you can purchase a Salzburger Super Pass; this takes you as far as Obertauern plus Saaaaaaaaalbach plus all of Amade.

Eben is in the process of replacing all of their drags plus the small 2 man chair. This should speed up that little area nicely.

Radstadt has had some work done (but no new lifts I'm afraid).

The North facing blue has been evened out along the middle. They have also put a new piste in (which is much wider) half way down this slope towards Altenmarkt. I hope they are also keeping the original turning open as it would be a shame to close that off.

Anyhow, i am sure that any morning now the morning mist will clear and there will be lots of white stuff up there! Laughing
snow conditions
flangesax,
Quote:

rich.ll, maybe we should take a trip over to djfletcher, I havent skiied his neck of the woods yet.

Sounds good to me.
ski holidays
djfletcher, Would you PM me your contact details if you're still on for a possible meet up next week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy