Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The perfect resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
La Rosiere village sits on a protected shelf facing due south. The views are great and the sunshine delightful. I really enjoy this aspect of the village and it adds greatly to the experience, BUT, despite the good snow fall, the south facing slopes can suffer from the usual sun damage ie, hard patches, soft in the afternoon etc etc

Are there any resorts out there that have a similar lovely aspect, but where the bulk of the skiing is on north facing slopes?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, easiski's end of L2A, looking out over Venosc, faces south and the view of La Muzelle is as good (I think) as that of Mont Pourri.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, You know my answer. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think you'd enjoy Les Contamines. The best of the skiing there is east/north facing and holds it snow well. This photo was on the last day of their season in April. Mont Blanc is "in yer face" and from the top (Col de Joly) you also have a stunning view down into the Hauteluce valley. A good range of skiing, majoring in red runs, but also a fair bit of accessible off piste, loads for anyone willing to hike a bit.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les C is beautiful but chilly in Jan; later in the season it's v nice indeed

for spring skiing, I actually think you want slopes facing in a variety of directions so you can ski on south facing slopes in the morning then when they get too soft move around to slopes which have seen less sun.

what do you think of this view:

no prizes for guessing where wink might fit the bill though
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, is that Prorel?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chasseur, not it is the PIc d'Yret at the top of Monetier, taken from the Bachas on the 18th April this year.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gotcha! Fabulous shot Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chasseur, cheers, I'll pass your comments on to the photographer (julesb)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, I think you'd be hard pressed to find many resorts with vistas as good as La Rosiere but, as Arno said, for spring skiing you want an area with slopes on all points of the compass and that's exactly what the Espace San Bernardo can provide. The only drawback as you know, is that the link to Italy can be closed in bad weather. BTW, La Rosiere is investing a huge amount in snow making, when we were walking up the Combe de Moulin in August the works were very visible and from other walks around the area it looked as if Marmotte is to be one of the first pistes to have snow cannons. The lift company is very proud of the new technology they're employing, which means no additive so all the water used can be recycled, so with any luck the lower pistes through the trees will stay open longer. We also visited Nigel and Ross at Quatre Saison where they've really improved the chalet, has to be one of the nicest in the village now.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, yes, you're right, it wouldn't be my top choice on a windy dull day in January - though maybe it would be OK lower down - we never go below the Signal station because we go up to the Col de July from the Hauteluce side. And that side is the place to be on a chilly day in January - much sunnier especially late afternoon.

Actually, Notre Dame de Bellecombe has a bit of everything, including high east facing skiing for late in the year, or when it's been a bit warm. Pretty, too, and with a lot of tree skiing down in the Arly Valley - often almost entirely deserted - though the snow down there can be poor.

Nowhere's perfect.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy