Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra 2009

Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know the season dates for this coming season
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I heard a rumour it ended 13th of April. Hope that isn't going to be a problem?? Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
copperfield12, it always closes around the middle of april in andorra, and it has never been a problem before Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
copperfield12, is a twit wink he know's i have booked to go out on the 13th, easter monday so i can't see it being closed at easter
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andorra and snow dont always go hand in hand, not the most reliable place for any snow at all. had a friend go last yr and said it was just like skiing on mud. enjoy lol
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jase2472 wrote:
copperfield12, is a twit wink he know's i have booked to go out on the 13th, easter monday so i can't see it being closed at easter

As far as I can make out, this year Easter Monday was the last day it was open.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
b]jase2472[/b], I think its does usually close around the 13th/20th April but for the last 2 or three seasons, its been April when all the major snow has come, so hopefully they'll think about extending it....you may find you're in for a bit of hiking!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
colors wrote:
andorra and snow dont always go hand in hand, not the most reliable place for any snow at all. had a friend go last yr and said it was just like skiing on mud. enjoy lol

Respect your freedom to post from experience, but whilst the last two seasons have been fairly poor (I was thre 06/07), from a lot of reports that I recall, Andorra has also seen some stunning snow when other places have been suffering prior to the last couple of seasons.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i was there 3 seasons back and we had a base of 10cm on lower slopes and 30cm at the top, ice in the mornings and slush in the afternoon with rain on 3 days. just wouldnt attempt it again, each to their own but many other places just as cheap with better snow in my opinion
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
colors, Shocked three poorish seasons then.....maybe you have a point....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
think with andorra when they do get snow they seem to get high temps straight after and rain, but hey some people love it
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
colors wrote:

been 3 times never had a prob with snow
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
colors wrote:
i was there 3 seasons back and we had a base of 10cm on lower slopes and 30cm at the top, ice in the mornings and slush in the afternoon with rain on 3 days. just wouldnt attempt it again, each to their own but many other places just as cheap with better snow in my opinion

being cheap is not the issuse my kids like it there and when they are happy it makes a happy holiday
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I work there and I have never had a problem with the snow! End of the season, late March/April have been great for the last 3/4 seasons and even after the lifts have closed its been dumping. Most people seem to have something bad to say about andorra, but they are the ones who havent been there Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
freestyleandy, the last few seasons it just seems to have been a late starter with bumper March/April... does it not just have a different season to other areas?
latest report
Quote:

think with andorra when they do get snow they seem to get high temps straight after and rain

Keep thinking that Very Happy it keeps the slopes quieter

Its usually the other way round, rain before the snow storms. I Think its something to do with the position of the pyrenees and the way the weather systems arrive so fast from the atlantic
snow report
ski-finder, For the last couple of years it has started good, then had a dry/cold patch in the middle. After the dry patch it has been amazing, but occasionally heavy snow.
ski holidays
Grandvalira closed on the 13th April last year because easter was early. The tour ops move their operations to the Med the first week after easter so the volume of clients is suddenly reduced, making it uneconomical to keep the resort open. Many years back before the link I skied Soldeu the first week in May. After easter this past season the slopes where eerily quiet, with only groups of CSIA and BASI instructors huddled together under tuition. After the resort closed it continued to snow for a month and for some reason they left the webcams running, and being the sad barsteward that I am, I kept watching rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes I bought new skis 2 days after the season finished and am having touring bindings fitted to them along with the purchase of skins, so as not to be caught out again Smile
So far no dates have been anounced for this season.
snow report
The snow was excellent when I was there at the start of April this year for my CSCF course - it cut up at the bottom in the afternoons as it warmed up a bit (though no real deterioration at the top) - still able to ski all the way down to Soldeu though every day.

Also went in December '05 for Christmas, conditions were simply astounding, very good for anywhere in Europe at Christmas.

Maybe I've been lucky, but the locals I was on my course will last season were all saying that the snow is better than it's made out to be, especially late in the season.
snow conditions
ive been to andorra mid jan few seasons and have to say it was pretty bad, really icy conditions since then never gone back. i always check different resorts for weather conditions via ifyouski.com and metcheck and andorra does have high temps compared to most other resorts according to the forecasts i seen a lot around 11oC even in jan-feb. had a friend who was a ski instructor in soldeu and he did say the conditions do improve late feb early march but tend to be slow jan/early feb
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy