Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

season in St Anton or Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i am planning on doing a season this year
split between St Anton which is much more seasonair friendly in terms of accom ect but ischgl has a much better night life + piest size/ snow park, this is what i have picked up so far

any help would be good, past expirances or people planning on doing the same i hope to hear your reply

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm a regular visitor to St Anton and love the place. Have thought of Ischgl for a change but have been put off my folk I know saying that the Russians are taking over Ischgl - ie paying bar staff thousands of Euros to clear the place and leave it for Russian mafia types. Also the bars are more expensive than St Anton. The same folk have been to St Anton too and prefer St Anton for the better atmosphere. So whilst I've not been to Ischgl, I can only comment on what I've heard.

There are only 2 parks in St Anton - 1 in Rendl and the other in Lech. Would imagine though that the off piste is better in St Anton than Ischgl.

In terms of the nightlife. I think Ischgl is more house music, eg Pasha nightclub and St Anton is more cheesy apres German stuff (certainly at the Mooserwirt). Also a number of bars have live music which is a great change from DJ's etc. Can't really explain why St Anton is so good, but probably something to do with the 10 pints of beer that get consumed every day whilst there. Everbody is there to party and ski hard, and as a result there is a great buzz about the place. Never thought I would like cheesy apres pop but come back hoarse every year!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for that
im just remembering my holiday to zell am see, (it was a school trip aswell) but we couldnt find any clubs and i got quite board of the cheesy pop compaired to my time in tignes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sideshow bobbers, Ischgl is possibly the most expensive resort I've been to. That was in the days of Shillings though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have you been offered jobs in either, and if so, what jobs?

Ask on Natives for info in working in these resorts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
St Anton.

No contest.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i havent really looked that hard for jobs yet
sent an email to ischgl info centre but thats about it
i would like to work in a little snowboard/skate shop which reminds me, is there a skate park in either?
but work wise i have nearly completed my basi level 1 or i wouldnt mind working in a bar but i think a little shop would be the most fun
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Done both.

Ischgl skking was fantastic back in 80's before they carved up all Off-Piste with new lifts however, theres still plenty off-piste to be found if you know the valley.

Are you working or not?

If Working (In certain jobs) Ischgl Tips ar TOP !!

St Anton. Skiing/Boarding does not get better Very Happy

IMO St Anton nightlife has gone down hill over the last 10-15 yrs where as Ischgl has reinvented itself (It was the best 20yrs ago) & has some of the best Apres Ski, nightlife you could dream of !

St Anton English is spoken everywhere where as Ischgl communication was only in German but English is being used more.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i want 2 get a job, just dont know what or were
i can speak some german, went there for 8 weeks a few years ago to learn it
spent more time on the mountain tho

im leaning more towards Anton now
this down hill night life does not sound to good
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sideshow bobbers, but if you work in a shop you won't get much time on the snow?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
suppose, but its alot less effort than teaching or working in a pub/club
do many shops have part time jobs do u know
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you're interested in a season in St Anton, check out this website! St Anton am Arlberg Austria and let me know what you think!!! We're trying to build a comprehensive guide to St Anton. If you have any questions feel free to ask!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
maccaj51, welcome to snowheads.

Had a look at the site. Good layout but think needs more information. Also the ability to add comments/reviews not available. Also - 2 hours by car from Innsbruck Shocked how slow do you need to drive for that Puzzled sidney reilley's website is a great starting point for you www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi boabski!!!

Thanks for having a look and your feedback!! Bit of an oversight with the travel time!!

We're in the process of re doing the site for season 2010/11... id be appreciative of any feedback you have when we relaunch... we want to make the site as user friendly and informative as possible!!!

my email is jamie@ the domain name above... Feel free to drop us a line anytime!!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stay tuned in here for the latest developments,future plans, snowreports etc from St Anton am Arlberg & the whole Arlberg Region 2010/2011 Season.

100% NOT approved by any Tourist Office Very Happy

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=64454

Also stay tuned to Sidney who lives in St Anton and has great info.

www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk

Last Season 2009/2010 thread one of the most viewed on Snowheads

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52277

Season 2008/2009

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41100&highlight=arlberg+report+2008+2009
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy