Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

My Wife and I are going to Sierra Nevada the last week in January, as a family member lives close by and doesn't mind us visiting and spending most of our time up the mountain! Very Happy

We're boarders, I'm an OK Level 3 and the Mrs a Level 2.
Is there anyone who knows Sierra Nevada well who can recommend nice (preferably quiet, but I realise this is probably difficult) green runs to try, as she is still quite nervous and falls over a lot, getting more and more frustrated - it's easier when there's less people around.

Also any general tips / ideas of good budget apres ski?

Many thanks,

Nick
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi!

I'm a skier but maybe I can help a bit.

First things first, don't do up at weekends or on ny Spanish holiday days as it is usually very busy with the locals. I've only ever skied during the week during the middle of January and end of April on three different times and have never had a problem with queues.

I have friends nearby too but they don't ski so I've always skied on my own and have never stayed back for any apres ski so I'm afraid I can't help on that side. The main kind of village bit where you buy the tickets seems quite full of hustle and bustle with a few places to eat and drink so I'm sure you'l find somewhere good.

The resort isn't big but then doesn't pretend to be but I really like it. It is totally different. It does get slammed for being ugly, but I think it is fine. I have seen much worse and the colourful buildings that do exist I think sort of helps it blend in.

As for runs, you want to head up to the Borreguiles area. You can take a gondola to get there. This is kind of like the mid station area and has cafes etc. But it also has direct access to green runs. The Borregules area is like a bowl and the chairs to the right as you look up from the cafes are the gentlest greens, the two furthest right chairs. The third and left chair (there are four chairs) is a slightly longer run, a bit more of undulating terrain.

I would play on those greens first and then see how you do. The furthest left chair out of the four goes up to a blue run which can be quite nice too.

When you are happy playing on blues, what I would say is that the Loma de Dilar area, although full of blue runs, and some nice ones, can get a bit icy at times, particularly those runs to the far right of the boundary.

There is a piste map on the Sierra Nevada website, have a wee look and see what you think.

Hopefully you'll have a great time, after all, it is white and slippy after all!

Hope this helps a bit.

If you want pics of the area, I'm happy to e-mail you some if it helps.

Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
with ref to the apres ski, the village doesn't get going till 11pm, but if you want a few beers after a day on the slopes i can recommend a bar called cresendo, as you are coming back to the village take the top run andits on the left or for bars with views down the valley take the bootom run and when you walk up the steeps turn left at Rio sports and walk down the allyway and the brs are there
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi guys, any chance we can stick to a single Sierra Nevada thread... one recently started here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43137
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski-finder wrote:
Hi guys, any chance we can stick to a single Sierra Nevada thread... one recently started here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43137

looks like we're all sticking to this one, so go tell the others.... NehNeh Razz
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
barry, your shout of course... but don't be surprised if one gets dropped... jase2472 has been to Sierra Nevada many times as is always keen to help those thinking of going...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
was up there in May this year as we were in the area on honeymoon, they had just closed for the season although there was still a fair bit of snow about. Really good feel about the place, have put it on my list of places to ski
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy