Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bareges question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is under consideration as I like to try new places and, having been to Baqueira, like the alternative quality of the Pyrenees. However, I'll be going with my partner and her two children (11 and 7 respectively) who are all beginners. Would it be okay for them? I'm happy with the prospect of skiing on my own and tootling over to La Mongie but I'd like to know general feelings about the place from those who have been.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was just yesterday looking at Bareges and La Mongie for a potential December trip, but the snow record looked a bit risky.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mikehall58, pm mountainbug or In garbure we trust thats where their place is.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mikehall58, If you do get a reply from Mountainbug or In Garbure We Trust can you post it here please? I am interested in what you find out.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Their website: http://www.mountainbug.com/

Rob and Emma are such nice people, give them a call.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A nice ski area, though considerably smaller & less sophisticated than Baqueira - if you ski at any speed you'll cover the greater part of the pisted area in a day. It also has a nice little beginners area, though don't know how lucky you'll be finding an english-speaking instructor. If you have wheels there are several other small resorts not too far away if you feel like exploring.
Going before xmas would be a gamble snow -wise. I've been to that area of the pyrenees the weekend before xmas for the last 3 years & have had 1 good year, 1 ok year & 1 crap year.
I second contacting Rob & Emma , nice people, v.comfortanle accomodation & well genned up on all things pyrennean
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mikehall58, just noticed you're also bristol based, so if you fancy an excuse for a beer & some ski talk sometime ( or just a beer) then pm me
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Nick, I'm now living in Wedmore, south of Bristol, but do get up there from time to time. I'm well aware of snow records and it's always a risk early doors....the Pyrenees seem to have their own micro climate. I may just play safe if I go at Christmas and get to Obergurgl or somewhere nice and high, flying from Bristol to Innnsbruck, although flights have just gone through the roof. I, too, have had varying experiences at that time of year but never crap actually. Baqueira a few years ago in February half term had so much snow we effectively lost three days.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mikehall58, think obergurgl a wiser decision for xmas, good luck with flights.
Have only been to Baqueira once, & that was for a couple of days in march a couple of years ago when we skied in dense cloud for most of the time & though I skied much of the area, I saw virtually nothing of it so would love to go back. The bad weekend was, I think, year before last & just before xmas - we'd hoped to go to baqueira then but there was v.little snow anywhere so ended up at cauterets for a day after which we decided we preferred snow to gravel & went home !
Offer of a beer still open if you find yourself heading this way
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy