Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fall Line

Poster: A snowHead
When is the new Fall Line mag out ? Cool Then we really are on the countdown to the new season Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sep 11 for DMS&S, not sure about Fall Line.

From looking in WHS the other day, seems a snowboarding mag or two have already come out!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Permission to start getting excited about planning more trips to the Alps than I will actually make and turning my back on the summer that never was?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My DMS&S was delivered yesterday. I spent a very pleasant hour or two looking at all the pictures Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RachelQ, Yeah mine was as well Very Happy Thats when you know winter is not far round the corner!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Here's a question, right.

How come there is (AFAICT) only one mainstream skiing-specific mag (Fall Line), whereas there are a ton of boarding-specific ones? This has never made sense to me, since:

a) there seem to an enormous amount of boarding ones, thus dividing the market share. Surely each one only sells handfuls of copies.
b) they all (ALL) seem to come with a DVD every month.
c) there are, definitely, more skiers in the world than boarders.

DMS&S and Ski+Board have both copped out and gone for a "mainly skiing, but best not leave out boarding" approach.

Does Fall Line sell in massive quantities as a result?

Plus: I want some free skiing DVDs. Why do boarders get all the DVDs.

Finally: I'm going to be skiing *and* boarding this year, bringing my magazine expenditure through the roof as I will inevitably buy everything I see in WHS.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
heeheeheehee roflmao that's why snowboarding is so much more fun! NehNeh we're suckers for awesome pics in the boarding mags ...either that or we're idiots for shelling out for monthly collections of ads and "free" dvds. you decide.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paulio, snowboarders need something to read while they are sitting in the middle of the slope
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, That is why they sit there so long... they have difficulty reading all those long words...

It must be in another language...........Doodes..!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arno,

They're not reading it........just looking at the pictures.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's the same with books. WTSS is another "mainly skiing, but best not wee wee off our new single-plank friends", but I can't think of any that eschew boarding entirely, and there are quite a few boarding-specific ones.

None of this makes sense, since - as others have pointed out - very few snowboarders can actually read properly.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
doooood some of us can just about manage the janet-and-john set. so play nicely and pass me one of those onboard thingys...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RachelQ wrote:
My DMS&S was delivered yesterday. I spent a very pleasant hour or two looking at all the pictures Very Happy

Got mine today - not entering the snowboarder debate ........ Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah, lovely Fall Line.
My eyes are a bit sore from reading it on screen, but that means it's off to the printers in a couple of days and will therefore be on-sale on September 19. And a giant lightning strike has just backed up my words as I type.

paulio, I'd happily fib and say we were the biggest selling mag, but we are the biggest selling ski-only mag, because Fall-Line no longer has snowboards in it. It had them in in 1992 for a bit, then we launched Document Snowboard which seemed to do a better job of talking about snowboards. And still does, since it features them and Fall-Line doesn't.

The new website will be up soon too, with some entirely new stuff on it which might feasibly be more useful than the fancy picture and obscure news story that it features at the moment.

Er, what else? Oh yes, we've relaunched Fall-Line and Document this year. There's a lot more useful stuff in both mags, though it will depend upon what you call useful.

At some point I'll put the covers up so you can get a little taste...

Ah, and the subs offer is a belter. No, really. A pair of Scott Alias Ltd goggles with Fall-Line or Document strap free with every DD sub! Obviously Terms and Conditions apply, we own your house, no you can't have it back, get out etc etc. I'll try and put a picture of that up too (sound of shuffling and mumbling to fade, to reappear in 28 weeks, season over, blinking).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fallliner, Thanks for that will watch my letterbox with baited breath ....let the snowdance begin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
paulio wrote:

Here's a question, right.

How come there is (AFAICT) only one mainstream skiing-specific mag (Fall Line), whereas there are a ton of boarding-specific ones? This has never made sense to me

Demographics, dude... boarders are young hip, cool and gorgeous and more importantly fritter their trust funds away on magazines. Skiers are old, square and ugly and save all their money to put into trust funds for their young, hip, gorgeous kids....
snow report
red 27, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
fallliner, sounds like a good subs offer - when can we register ?
snow conditions
Is the new subscription thing up on the site? It still shows last years freebies.
snow conditions
Wheyhey, bring it on - despite the 'faux pas' regarding Scotland in a recent issue Wink still by miles the best UK ski mag and looking forward to that promised coverage of the Scottish scene this year as well Very Happy
martski wrote:
and turning my back on the summer that never was?

LOL, just back from sunning myself the West Highlands of Scotland (straight after a couple of very wet and miserable weeks in Cornwall) and they've been having a belter of a summer, the sun has been shining and the reservoirs are low - amazing weather! A few people commented that if this was global warming then bring it on to which I retorted that if last winter and this summer was global warming I'd agree and here's looking forward to another superb season in Scotland snowHead

Just got my first (unbelievably cheap) subscription copy of Powder Mag from the States too which has whetted my appetite for Fall Line even more, always great to see the perspective from the UK and nobody does it better than Fall Line so I'll be looking out for a copy and interested in the subscription offer as well Toofy Grin
snow report
I think I still have the 1st issue edited by Roger Lambert.?...

It is good that this issue should be out on the 19th
snow report
fallliner wrote:
Ah, and the subs offer is a belter. No, really. A pair of Scott Alias Ltd goggles with Fall-Line or Document strap free with every DD sub! Obviously Terms and Conditions apply, we own your house, no you can't have it back, get out etc etc. I'll try and put a picture of that up too (sound of shuffling and mumbling to fade, to reappear in 28 weeks, season over, blinking).

How do I go about subscribing to ensure I get issue 1? Website appears to have last years offer of headphones/T shirt??
snow report
fallliner, If you are not sending me free copies this year I guess I'll have to subscribe, can you put up a new thread when the website is ready to go for this year please?
ski holidays
fallliner, Look at all this business I am druming up for you................ wink
latest report
redrunmarcus, would you like a mention in our travel and transfer pages...
Folks, as soon as you can get the new sub offer I'll be posting here.

kitenski, for issue one, if you are indeed in Leeds then you should be able to get the first one in WHS and then subscribe through a link or the mag.

red 27, snowboarders are now older and in need of hip replacements from what I can see...
ski holidays
paulio, my DMS&S plopped on the mat yesterday morning. Took it as a sign that winter is on it's way. Very Happy
ski holidays
I hope they'll be plenty more competitions enter too. Fall Line does the best ones. And you can quote me on that.
latest report
fallliner wrote:

The offer is now available.................... snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah but a 1 year sub has no pressies Shocked I don't need new goggles
snow conditions
freestyleandy, we want you for two years. You can't escape.
snow report
fallliner, Laughing Is there going to be anything for the one year sub? Or is it just the big deal this year?
ski holidays
If i subscribe tomorrow, will I get the first issue? Also.. if we do the two years sub can we change the address after a year?
ski holidays
freestyleandy, just the big deal. Those goggles cost us real money.

Timmaah, unlikely, since it was sent out from the mailing house yesterday. But you can get it in a shop and then order the next issue. And yes, you can change address at any point.
snow conditions
fallliner, Can I get the googles and the rest of the deal from Ireland as I got an email about it yesterday and could work out the payment form?
ski holidays
I did the DD deal last year for Document Snowboard & despite numerous emails promising the gift, it never arrived, so beware.
latest report
Well I got my goodies last year fine...
snow report
Peter Ross, yes, if you've got a UK bank account. If you subscribe and want the goggles then you can get them separately for £25, according to our subs guru.

ssnowman, if you email me at richard@fall-line.co.uk I'll see what happened. Let me know your address and when you subscribed, and what deal you were expecting.
latest report
I guess there's no "installment" option for us student folk hey! Crying or Very sad
snow report
Mine arrived today snowHead snowHead Cool
latest report
fallliner, thanks for that, if you do manage to sort it, I'll subscribe to Fall Line as well as Document Snowboard.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy