Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy - late Jan, early Feb or late March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to arrange a week in Espace Killy with a couple of friends and a guide we like. Offpiste only (well except for getting from A to B).

1-8 March is already booked for a similar trip to the Dolomites, so the remaining options are as above.

My thoughts:

late Jan: + cheaper, quieter; - colder, snow may be tricky
early Feb: + chance of better snow, slightly warmer, slightly longer days; - more expensive, half-term so busy (long lift queues - we would ski far from the maddening crowd and I presume that's not the time most freeriders roam)
late March: +decent chance of good snow, longer days, warmer, cheaper again; - see below

Added complication: I also want a week with my son and I would have preferred March for that, which sort of rules out the third option above.

Snowheads' wisdom, comments, etc would be welcome!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
horizon, the first week of February is good - before the French hols start. Pretty good chance of snow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
horizon, The Alpine World Ski Championships are in Val d'Isere the first two weeks in Feb. Both Solaise and the Face de Bellevarde will be in use for all of this time, I would guess that other areas may be reserved for training too, this could make a difference to how easily you can get between areas.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy