Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill Factore - September Saturday Mornings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How busy it it likely to be? ? I'm off to Blackburn on September 13th to see Arsenal play and thought I might pop in for a slide on the way. Also are their skis any good? I don't really want to take mine to leave them in the back of the car in some Blackburn side street all afternoon.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quiet.

Ski's never used but they are basic Salomon Carvers, good enough for the fridge though, but every time I've been I've taken my own.

Don't blame you for not wanting to leave them in the back of the car at Ewood, ROUGH
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i will be going monday i will try to leave feedback
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went for the weekend a couple of weeks ago, very quiet. I was very impressed with the place, apart from the lift support on the right hand lift being too low, enough to hit your head on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The skis are crap (the boots are worse) but then I'm a snowboarder what do I know? Razz
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
might be going this weekend will leave feedback haven't been since last dec
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I might go this Sat if I wake up early enough, will let you know.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Second to what Kel, has said, And also in agreement with the surrounding area of Ewood park!!

I've used the ski's once or twice and for an hour or so flutter they'll do the job.

Spyderman, Yeah a little design fault isnt there! with regard to the lift support.... Always wear a helmet not just for skiing! but for lift queue'in! wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, I think it will depend on whether I can be bothered to get up early enough next Saturday to go there before the football. I'll decide early next week I think.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, I believe there are plans to do some work on the lifts soon to get rid of those design faults.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skir67 wrote:
Spyderman, I believe there are plans to do some work on the lifts soon to get rid of those design faults.

I think they must have planned the lift support height, forgetting about the 50cm of snow they were going to put on. A lump of metal at face level isn't too clever.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman,
Quote:

A lump of metal at face level isn't too clever.

But at least it has 2mm of foam gaffer-taped around it. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I go Sunday mornings 9am and it's always quiet. Each time I have been the lift has broken down at least 4 times in the 1.5hrs and the rubber mats they put out make getting to the lift a pain since you can't skate over them.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I think they must have planned the lift support height, forgetting about the 50cm of snow they were going to put on. A lump of metal at face level isn't too clever.

Yep certainly agree with that! Also I believe the shallower bottom part of the main slope is going to be steepened at the same time, to be more in line with the rest of the slope gradient.

'Experts' lift has a problem with one of the stop button systems and the poma return guide at the top bull wheel has been seriously bent out of shape by someone not letting go of the poma when reaching the top.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy