Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aspen

Poster: A snowHead
Okay then! I'm off to Aspen! Unfortunately it is in a couple of weeks time, so another resort to add to my 'Been there, but not in the winter...' list. Sad

Anything worth looking out for in the town? Good restaurants etc. I'm being hosted for the most part as I'm on a rugby referee exchange, however we've got a couple of evenings to ourselves.

PS. Anyone know any good places for fake ID? I'll be a month away from 21, so with the odd laws of the USA, I shall not quite be of age (a bit of a problem on what is, in essence, a rugby tour)... wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skisimon, enjoy.... I reckon you'd pass for 21 easy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skisimon, giving up shaving for a couple weeks may be the best fake I.D you can have. Got an older brother?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skisimon, Hope you can get some fake ID Smile Doesnt matter if you look 21 or not, I have seen people in their 50's and 60's asked for ID Shocked No ID = no drink

Good ole American Ribs at Rusty's Hickory House - its cheap and cheerful but the food is good Very Happy

Loads to do and see, no doubt your hosts will give you a good tour. good chance to pick up some gear too Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Little Annie's Eating House. Steaks, burgers, apple pie etc, friendly & reasonably priced.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jerry wrote:
Little Annie's Eating House. Steaks, burgers, apple pie etc, friendly & reasonably priced.

Are yes Little Annies & Cooper Street Pier Bar famous for there drug busts Very Happy Very Happy

IMO. Little Annies is nothing like it used to be (80's)

Hickory House is good.

Double Dog Pub has good Pub food which is half the price as the expensive Steak Pit next door although the food is cooked in the same kitchen . The new Steak Pit is not as good as the old one and no where near as good as the Old Skiers Chalet Steak House which closed in 2005.

McStorlie's Pub is Aspen's Irish Pub, a lot of ex-pat (ozzys, brits, kiwis)) ski bums hangout here.

The J-Bar (In the Hotel Jerome) does good Bar food.

The Red Onion another Aspen landmark closed March 31 2007.

I you like Japanese food I can recommend http://www.nobumatsuhisa.com/ .Its on East Main Street. Its not cheap.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 2-09-08 13:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skisimon, back of FHM you can get all sorts of ID
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you all.

The ID obsession in the States is what seems more over the top than the actual age limit.

Still, I'll be able to share a few bevvies with the others involved in the tournament as the organisers have two apartments set aside and full of beer and chili con carne. Razz
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skisimon, http://www.photo-id.co.uk/catalogue.htm -- I remember i used that site ages ago before I was 18. Worked perfectly every time Very Happy

You never know, but Aspen in mid-end of Sept can be prone to the odd snow storm or two!! So could get lucky there, but have nothing to ski it with lol
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I recommend the Crystal Palace..good meal and used to be a good satirical show..just googled it and nothing came up though??

Snomass has and Octoberfest..not sure I'd recommend drinking too much american beer then playing rugby..although there is a micro brewery..in town some where...

Just be aware the americans are neo-nazi's when it comes to underage? drinking...the police hate it..or its a great excuse to bang poeple up for the night..they really do that there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No ID=no drink, but you can buy a gun.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jonm, stupid isnt it, a gun can be bought at 18, but you cant have a pint rolling eyes
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
At least you'd be sober in charge of said gun Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sadly the CP may have gone:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=27964
Watch out for a little South African lad called Greg on the Vail team - nice lad but he just loves to start fights (my experience when playing hockey with him anyway Smile )
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

At least you'd be sober in charge of said gun

Haha, that is most probably their thought process Laughing
ski holidays
skisimon, try the "blue maize" locals favourite place
ski holidays
Well, that was a great couple of weeks. Up to Laramie, WY first off for a Uni Tournament. Back down to Denver then out to Aspen four five days via a very pleasant golf course in the mountains (Lakota Canyon Ranch). My temporary military ID seemed to do the trick (despite being hand written and not having a photo) - they read the date backwards, one of the advantages of my birthday being in the first week of November... wink

Of course, I got a lot of attention on Saturday night when I had a bog seat strapped to me for prior misdemeanors (I caused three plumbing problems in two different States - I actually added a fourth at the airport too...)

Anyway, I have to go back to Colorado in the winter with the options available. I picked up Ski magazine on the way through the airport, and 7 of their top 50 resorts were in CO (admittidly they didn't include Euro resorts).

Boy, does running around at altitude play havoc with your breathing (was just getting nicely acclimitised to exercise in thin air after a week or so), never really notice it when skiing as gravity does some of the work for me! I felt like I was eating air on the way back home today it's so much thicker.
snow report
I don't know if it still exists, but I quite liked the Silver Dollar; camp as a row of pink tents, but a good laugh.
ski holidays
I've been asked for ID a few times (I'm 41 currently), I just laughed at the guy and said do I really look under 21, and they've normally let me in!
latest report
kitenski wrote:
I've been asked for ID a few times (I'm 41 currently), I just laughed at the guy and said do I really look under 21, and they've normally let me in!

You miss the point.

You may look ovewr 21 but it is illegal to be in a bar without ID. The bar owners can be fined , closed down if they serve someone who does not have ID on them. Thats why they check, its not just age.
latest report
stanton wrote:
You may look ovewr 21 but it is illegal to be in a bar without ID. The bar owners can be fined , closed down if they serve someone who does not have ID on them. Thats why they check, its not just age.

what Act is that in then?
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, Henry V. Act 4. Scene 3
ski holidays
arv, exactly:

Once more unto the Siver Dollar, dear friends, once more,
And fill the glasses up with yellow fizzy beer!
In drink there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility;
But when the blast of country music blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the redneck:
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood and honk into the waste paper bin.
snow conditions
skisimon wrote:
7 of their top 50 resorts were in CO
That was supposed to read 7 of their top 10. snowHead
latest report
7 resorts in Colorado have top ten highest ad spend in Ski magazine would be the obvious conclusion. La Rosiere probably doesn't feel it has to bother given its denizens' pimpalicious mastery of the viral marketing medium wink
snow report
Laughing wink

The CO resorts were all spoken of highly by the Denver locals (well, I suppose they would be)... But I suppose, compared to your average American resort, the likes of Aspen, Vail, Breck etc etc offer good snow, good infrastructure and reasonable size, all in the same place. Bit expensive mind...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy