Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

POC helmet deals

Poster: A snowHead
http://onebelowzero.com/products.asp?cat=167000
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
some good deals there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
has anyone ordered from these people?
like the look of some POC gloves
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, if you do order will you post how you get on? Website looks pretty slick, Phone - +44 (0) 845 388 2941 is the contact number, mite be worht a call to see what you geto n the end of the phone. Don't open again til the 5th..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, I ordered a POC Outer Skin top from them just before Christmas. Came next day. I think the parent company are the same guys who import Dynastar, Lange and Spyder kit into the country.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've ordered from them as well. Next day delivery when I ordered via their website, and answered a couple of questions I had by phone.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When you check the sizes of the good helmet deals it is all the v. big and v. small ones
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, back in august when i posted this there was a great selection wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
Arno, I ordered a POC Outer Skin top from them just before Christmas. Came next day. I think the parent company are the same guys who import Dynastar, Lange and Spyder kit into the country.

They used to import Dynastar & Lange, but gave that up about 3 years ago.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The 2007 Skull XP for £52 looks pretty boss to me! The only thing that worries me is that apparently my head is 59cm in circumference, this would make me XL on the included size chart and for a 5'7" guy that seems a little off...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
malk, small people can have big heads too. I am 6' and my head is 54.5.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
True, still I've tried helmets on in shops before and I've never needed an extra large before. I'm gonna go with large and hope for the best... what's 10mm between friends.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
malk, helmet sizing will probably not be the same across all makes. Hope they work out for you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno, They are clearly the same company as this lot (for bikes) http://www.xpedia.co.uk/Cycle/

If you look at the "cross-over" products such as body armour, they have exactly the same range, presented on a virtually identical webiste, at the same prices.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks for the feedback all
when i came to order they didn't have the size i was after - pity!
oh and malk POC helmets do come up pretty small. i have a huge head and the XL didn't come close to fitting when i tried one
snow conditions
I have a 58.0 head and the Medium sized POC work out best for me (inthe Synapsis and Skull Comp models).
latest report
Arno wrote:
thanks for the feedback all
when i came to order they didn't have the size i was after - pity!
oh and malk POC helmets do come up pretty small. i have a huge head and the XL didn't come close to fitting when i tried one

You and me both my bonce is 60.5 cm
I bought a Uvex XXL in VAl d'isere for £100 ( 63cm and its too big) Embarassed - Just bought a Giro G10 Mx and that ws perfect in Large as was the Smith variant brim - I think the moral is to try every one on in the shop, the sizes mean nothing - I wanted a Sweet but wasnt close in their l/xl which is supposed to be 59 -61 cm
snow conditions
marksovereign, heh - mine is about 64cm
latest report
Arno wrote:
marksovereign, heh - mine is about 64cm

Well if you're still after a helmet, my UVex is up for sale the xxl is 62 -64cm its only done 10 days and is unmarked -its in black - its just too big for me
latest report
cheers but I have a Giro G9 which must officially be the biggest ski helmet out there - I have tried them all and it is the only one that fits!
ski holidays
lol I know the feeling - I looked like a mental patient in most of the helmets I tried !
snow report
Got my Skull light XP today and I'm pretty happy. I plumped for the large as I mentioned above and it fits fine (phew). Can't believe how light it is either!

On sizing, I did make a proper job of measuring by bonce, used a nice sewing tape measure and everything. Thinking about it, circumference isn't a perfect measure for your head, a long thin one might fit differently to a short fat one whilst still having the same measurement...

I've got images in my head of folk with really rather strange heads now, though probably no worse than I look wandering around the house in a ski helmet, with visor, and goggles.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy