Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

moment reno freebird, scott punisher, line 90 or icelantic pilgrim?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
out of the above skis which is the most versitile i.e. can float well on powder but still get a good edge on piste? im looking at these skis as they dont seem to be too fat yet still have a decent waist think they range from 85-90mm. im 6ft 11stone and decent intermmidiate level i have my own piste skis but would like something that will give me a bit more versatility and is quite forgiving to ski i.e. not overly difficult to ski, if i do something wrong dont want them to kill me Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heard good things about the line 90, I think DaveC had this for the season, maybe you should PM unless he shows up..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Moment all the way.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shapes, tried the Pilgrims, they were good but I thought they felt quite stiff compared to my Scott Rosa's (same as Mission but slightly softer flex). Haven't tried the others but I'd go Punisher. Scott make really good skis at the moment and the Punishers are in a twin tip as well as I recall.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got Prophets and really like them, but I'd suggest that you also check out the Tahoe.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
any idea where i can buy or try the line or moment skis? can find the scott skis pretty easily but again not got anywhere to try them to be honest. i know the chill factor has demo nights but i think thats just icelantic and movement not the others. any ideas chaps?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've skied the Punishers for about 6 days total (housemate had some with demo bindings on), and Prophets for about 40 days.

You'll probably find the Punishers easiest to ski - Prophets might be a bit rough if you're not on top of them- they have a bit of stiffness to them and need flexing into turns. I'd definitely describe Punishers as "forgiving and easy to ski". Prophets are way more fun in powder.

I've heard a lot of good things about Moment (and as they're making the longest asymmetrical park ski in their 186 reno jib that's probably going to be my park ski this year), but never tried em - and I didn't get on with Icelantic at all when I tried them.

For what it's worth, my buddy bought a brand new pair of Punishers last year on an end of year sale so has his pair - they're in good condition, I remember being suprised how well they'd held up - and I'm selling my 186 prophets in Buy/Sell/Exchange so you've probably got a couple of good cheaper than retail options available Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
are Moment available in Europe or do you just have to order them direct from the manufacturer?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ive looked everywhere for a retailer on the moment skis in uk cant seem to find one which is a bit of a bummer but the scotts sound pretty good for my first pair
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy