Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Lift Pass Prices Announced

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Details of this years lift prices available here.

www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/pages/forfaits_tarifs_2009_gb.html

Some changes, no Les Houches but Verbier may be included.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jbob, The Les Houches situation, is IMV, scandalous. Feckin' mountain mentalities. I expect SEPP to see big reductions in skier days as we certainly won't pay to go there; alhtough we went quite frequently with chums last year.

Unlimited Verbier would be good though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, I do like Les Houches but mainly for the cafes, it is a good option on a bad day as well. I think there are two companies (families?) operating on the hill and last years deal was only done at the last moment.

The early bird price is a bargain, the restricted pass is only 478 euro for 4 resorts for 5 months, a 15 day regular pass is 415!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shocked Shocked I hope there are hefty discounts for residents on those Annual prices!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unlimited Verbier sounds like a great perk (and a ski bum's dream) but they can't stich a deal together with the most obvious hill in the same valley = amateur.

I wonder how many (non skibum) passholders in practice will use Verbier more than 4-5 days given travel time?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, The early bird is less 35% it seems to be less 50% for residents.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jbob, we like it for when we have friends who wouldn't appreciate ziplining the GMs all day - and of course in bad weather.

There are two companies, one owned by the CMB the other by a family. They had the same revenue share in place for 17 years and then CMB went and spoiled everything by attracting many more users with MBU passes (and upgrading their lift). Greedy so and sos wanted a different revenue split. Imagine, you attract more business, enhance infrastructure and then are cheeky enough to ask for more money? Shocking.

Verbier is a big add though. We used all our 4 free days last year and ended up paying for some tickets. Likewise the Haute Savoie ones.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch,

Heaven forbid revenue could actually be split on actual usage using electronic data capture - something like (Les Houche days skied/(Total CMB+Les Houches days skied))*Pass revenues. Use the previous year's data for intial split then true up at year end. Course this probably wouldn't work in Les Houches' favour due to longer season at GM, Flegere etc. so would be unlikely to be accepted.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When I skied in Obertauern an instructor told me that all the lifts locally were privately owned and the revenue from the various lift passes all depended on electronic data capture. The lifts were all of a very high standard and capacity as the owners derived direct benefit from increased useage and so invested more.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice, was only asking about the early bird discount a week or so ago. Not massively bothered about Les Houches - only time I actually went there last year was for the Kandahar - and while the Verbier thing's nice I can be greedy and wish it had full 4 valleys validity. Mostly though, just glad the -35% is there again Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It would be interesting to see if a Chamonix sourced Verbier annual is less/more than a Verbier sourced Verier annual ??

If it really is unlimited then that arbitrage is possible.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No Les Houches is a shame, I reckon. This year, a three day MBU meant we spent day 1 in Courmayeur, planned to spend day 2 at GM but everything was closed due to heavy snow and winds, nipped up to Les Houches and had one of my most enjoyable days ever hooning around in the trees and thigh deep powder. Doubt we'd have made the effort to go up there and pay for a day had it not been on our pass. Seems a bit shortsighted from the Les Houches side? Will it become the forgotten bit of the valley?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
At first glance it looks like Les Houches is included in the St Gervais pass this year http://www.st-gervais.net/_uk/ski/plandespistes_uk.htm though the terms are not exactly clear. Does "access by the mont blanc tramway" http://www.st-gervais.net/_uk/ski/forfaits_uk.htm mean you can not start at Prarion or Bellevue. I suppose not, as it would not make much sense.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy