Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marmot La Meije rucsac

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This apparently has been designed by Doug Coombes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Coombs) but doesn't appear to come with any instructions. Anyone else got on and know how to rig your skis up to it ?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 29-08-08 9:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
there are three ways that i am aware of
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
which are ??
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
on the sides
on the back separately
on the back together

do you have one? it's fairly easy to work out if you play around with the straps
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bought one this summer for summer hiking use but as I ski lots and off-piste when it's in good nick and the wife lets me off the leash I though it was a good investment. Haven't bothered getting the skis out and fiddling around with it so maybe that's that I need to do. I previously used a Ortovox Crossrider sac which although was well designed it was just too small. At 35 ltrs the Meije is a bit more appropriate for a day trip skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i almost always attach the skis on the sides because it feels a bit more balanced that way.
you can get a LOT of stuff in those sacs given their stated volume. i use mine for hut to hut touring and it is no problem getting everything in including glacier kit
actually, here's a picture of skis attached on the sides which may help:

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's another carry method with the La Meije
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks. I've always used the aframe approach when lashing my skis to the pack so I assumed the same for this one.

P.S. Cool photo ! And the one of the guy descending's not too shabby either wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A frame for me...and I used a Crossrider as they have comp straps ala Dakine bags...better balance for me, not least when you have to sling it all onto your back in the first place.

http://www.facewest.co.uk/marmot-la-meije-35.html doesn't look like they would A-frame well enough so you might have to put them side by side and on their basses....

I would make sure you have the working of this before you need to carry them ...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arno wrote:

I've never skied in New Zealand but I always understood that when using a nut cracker the idea was you kept your skis on and the tow rope pulled you up the slope. Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
knew i was going wrong somewhere Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The vertical carry in Spyderjon's pic works well. The balance is excellent and you can get the skis on and off the pack in about 20 seconds once you've got the hang of it. I've never used it A-frame and so cannot compare but have never had issues with it this way round.

Skis go through the bottom diagonal carry loop and then you unclip the flap above the skin pocket, wrap the webbing strap round the skis once above the binding, clip the flap back down and you're good to go. Coombs really knew what he was doing, the only thing that would improve the bag would be an avalung.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy