Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The fuddy-duddy image

Poster: A snowHead
laundryman, he didnt imply any kind of fighting- he just asked them to have the guts to say it to his face. Fair enough
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont, I asked a fair question, he answered, end of story. Or it should have been. And, yes, I would have asked him to his face.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
May I suggest that this thread is closed and the main protagonists take 48 hours to find a way to state their points in a less aggressive fashion before it's re-opened. . . if at all?

Nobody and nothing is being served by its current timbre.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 21-12-04 11:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nadenoodlee, fair enough indeed, considering the provocation. It is the "we'll soon see who's the most upset!" remark that (in my opinion) is an implied threat.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee, very charitable view. Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
The Ski Club’s New Generation Party last Friday night was a huge success... The Cuban Brothers act involves dangerous rollerskate dancing, filthy comedy and a particularly cringeworthy thong thrown in amongst some superb breakdancing. Full credit must go to Tim Brown and Morag Cross, who in their pursuit of total personal embarrassment managed to win themselves a ski/snowboard holiday to Switzerland each, courtesy of Switzerland Tourism and the Jungfrau.

If Tim Brown's a prize winning breakdancer, is Beck Daross really Morag Cross?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Beck Daross, I notice from your posts that you have only posted on issues relating to the skiclub and do not participate in the snowheads forum as a whole. I am a member of the skiclub and a fully participating snowhead I would like to know why you only participate in snowheads discussions about the skiclub and not in other areas of the forum.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

although the sums/support involved are not mentioned.

Lets have the amount of sponsorship you provide then and the source where we can check it. You say you sponsor a number of kids, lets have the sum.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JEEEZZ . . . will you buttheads stop trying to just score points! Evil or Very Mad Admin: kill this clusterf*** it's going nowhere.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque wrote:
JEEEZZ . . . will you buttheads stop trying to just score points! Evil or Very Mad Admin: kill this clusterf*** it's going nowhere.

snowHead

However as an observer who doesn't give a monkeys about who's paying for who to go ski-racing it is quite amusing and saves me from being tempted to depress myself by looking at the Whistler rain and ice report - keep it up!! Now if only we could arrange a boxing ring and a webcam.... Twisted Evil
(Though as an SCGB member, if they want to chuck some cash my way to attempt a belated and likely (in fact certainly!) fruitless racing career, I'll have some wink )
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm with Stuarth on this one. How about the Battleon site? That allows for gladiatorial combat on the web, I believe.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ray I can’t deny the relevance of your questions but I don’t agree that they have not been answered. This is a chat forum not a Snowsport GB meeting. Discuss sure but don’t get carried away if the people who are actually engaged in managing these issues in the real world don’t join in. It’s probably because they are busy doing what PG says they are failing to.

I think the answers have already been covered in the posts and on the websites, the links to which I made for that purpose.

1. What is SCGB actual role in Snowsport GB?
· Don’t think they have one defined. More a question of being involved because SCGB are the biggest recreational club and Snowsport GB are the nearest thing to a governing body. I think it is more of an association.
2. Is this function still required or do any other bodies also provide this?
· What function? But when it comes to racing Snowsport GB started as BSF in order to take charge of racing. It is their responsibility. I don’t think they are doing so badly.
3. Do SCGB fulfil their obligations?
· Yes. I haven’t seen anything from Snowsport GB to say that the Ski Club are not and as you have said it is the official line that counts – not PG’s unsubstantiated one.
4. What else do they do beyond their specific role to further Snowsport GB?
· I pasted only a few links to related items from the SCGB website. I could have gone on for ages. Go there and search the archives for ‘Snowsport GB’.
5. Would SCGB continue to raise funds or sponsor athletes if they were not part of Snowsport GB?
· How long is a piece of string? No doubt they would like to. But it’s hypothetical. Maybe Snowsport GB would object for political reasons, maybe the Ski Club would decide best not to. However, the question is unanswerable in any robust way until the Snowsport GB reorganisation is complete and the roles of all involved have been defined. Re link to MWG on snowRacers.
6. Any other questions?
· I don’t think that Snowsport GB are doing so badly. When you compare us with countries who have proper mountains and snow such as Chile, NZ, Bulgaria. We do about as well as Oz with whom we cooperate. One thing that would make a big difference would be another 500m elevation in the Highlands, particularly for grass roots – not the Ski Club’s fault. Which country with a temperate maritime climate and highest mountain LOWER than the base of Meribel is doing better?

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 21-12-04 13:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lighten up folks, it snowed all weekend wink. A happy Christmas and snowsonal greetings to ALL Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beck Daross
Some valid information, thank you.
Some irrelevant p¡ssing on the fence, stop being a f'wit.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tim "nice but dim " Brown, ho ho ho !
snow report
Beck Daross wrote:
I thought there was a clue in the name.

You said there's a clue in your name, Beck. Are you in fact Morag Cross?
snow report
Quote:

Beck Daross, I notice from your posts that you have only posted on issues relating to the skiclub and do not participate in the snowheads forum as a whole. I am a member of the skiclub and a fully participating snowhead I would like to know why you only participate in snowheads discussions about the skiclub and not in other areas of the forum.

For reasons which I shall keep to myself.

I see you also like the tactic of 'playing the man'! But at least I had something substantial to offer in the way of a view on this which I backed up with evidence.
snow report
Paul Mason, Razz sticks and stone. Go away little boy.
ski holidays
Little Angel

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 21-12-04 14:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
He's behind you Madeye-Smiley Oh no he isn't. Oh yes he is. (Sorry, thought this must be the Christmas pantomime...)
snow report
Paul Mason, ok, go away you big tough guy. Shocked
snow report
What is going on here??? Come on everyone, just leave this thread alone and let it die, nothing else is going to be gained apart from dragging down snowHeads and SCGB - it makes everyone look bad and I thought we were a bit more adult than that. Just smile sweetly and walk away. YOU know you are right and that's all that matters.
ski holidays
Quote:

Lighten up folks, it snowed all weekend . A happy Christmas and snowsonal greetings to ALL

That's kind of you Frosty. I hope you would feel the same towards these folks you mentioned:

'MW are great. I have been to Christina in La plagne twice, and Cygnaski in Val DIsere once. The BIG problem is the other guest. A bigger collection of self righteous, pompous, whining, whinging, up their own ar** tossers, you could not wish to come accross. "Oh Jemima's creche has no structured play".

At dinner try telling the rest of the table that you are a refuse disposal technician, just for the reaction'

wink
snow report
With many Governing Bodies of Sport, they came into existance through a evolution process whereby the original enthusiasts, who were not a Governing Body but carried out some of the functions such as competitions, coaching and training, passed over these functions and in return retained voting powers in some form. Therefore many Governing Bodies evolved from clubs and many are still clubs technically. The Universities and the Armed Forces frequently had an established competition or training structure which was incorporated and therefore finished up with votes on the Governing Body.
snow conditions
Oh I'm involved now. off with the jacket, up with the shirt sleeves Little Angel
Beck Daross,
Quote:

That's kind of you Frosty. I hope you would feel the same towards these folks you mentioned:

Of course I would. I'm the most two faced person we know Toofy Grin . If you doubt my quote try speaking to ANYONE that has worked on the shop floor for Mark Warner. 3 Great Holidays though.

Can I detect some bitterness at the success of SNOWHEADS in such a short time.
PS my obesity, legendary unfitness, problem with "wind", and bad teeth are very sore points, please make no reference to these in future wink
ski holidays
Beck, what on earth was the point of dredging up a post of Frosty's from last February on an entirely unrelated subject? It's not as if you were among the ones he was complaining about (were you?). That was a thread about Mark Warner chalets where people were generally finding it difficult to find fault with them so someone had to find something bad to say about them. That quote is taken rather out of context. Frosty did follow up that post with "In fairness we have met some top people, some of whom we still keep in touch with. ".

Christmas spirit? Hmmmm, I'd best go out and find some.
snow conditions
Can I remind people that the SCGB was closed to non members earlier this year. It was a great and helpful forum. It may do us all to remember that the type of behaviour being shown in this thread was one of the reasons that general access was withdrawn. It seems to me that some are being deliberately provocotive here. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
So, the moderators have various options open to them:

1 Freeze the thread. (But the protagonists might decide to continue the squabble elsewhere.)
2 Put the thread into an Abuse Zone.
3 Threaten expulsion to those who appear, to the moderators, to be deliberately causing unrest and upset.
4 Appeal, in traditional English liberal language, to people to behave themselves.
5 Err...any other suggestions?

snowHeads is a friendly open community and will remain that way. Anyone coming here to launch personal attacks should log out (temporarily) and check those registration conditions. You agreed to them. The community is the sum of its individual members.

'tis the season to be cheerful!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think we should stick to discussing religion, hunting and politics, skiing is far too inflammatory!!! Confused
snow report
No 4 has been tried and has not worked. I'd suggest 1 (even temporarily) plus 3.
snow conditions
I would suggest an escalation along these lines:

1. Appeal, in traditional English liberal language, to people to behave themselves.
2. Warn people than any further abusive posts in the thread will be deleted.
3. Delete any abusive post.
4. Warn anyone who keeps on being abusive that they may be suspended from the community (a yellow card).
5. Suspend (for a few days) a persistent offender from the community (a red card).

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 21-12-04 15:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Comments should not be reacted to. I know it's very hard not to do so, I have fallen foul of this on SCGB but can now walk away with a smile thinking my thoughts wink It's not a slight to your manhood not to give an equally insulting remark back. This abuse is being given for a reason and I think snowHeads are falling into the trap. Give an amusing reply if you have to reply or just ignore. It is interesting that, as Ray says, we can have good dicussions about religion and politics but as soon as SCGB is involved, the discussion disolves into insults and abuse.
ski holidays
I vote for 4.

It's a shame that Posh and Becks (to varying degrees) have resorted to personal remarks, because I think they've also made some valid points in response to the original criticism, which has been lost amid all the rancour (which hasn't been entirely one-sided).
ski holidays
Cathy Coins, you may be right that a trap is being set. But we are historians!
latest report
Quote:
I vote for 4.
With all the insurgents trolling around this place who would dare to count the votes Wink
snow report
Of course members could enact option 1 on a voluntary basis.....i.e. don't post to this thread anymore.

Let's all take a step back and consider other people and their feelings. Yes, internet people have feelings Shocked
ski holidays
Pete Horn, pass the dioxin Shock Skullie
ski holidays
I suggest that all snowHead s go back and have a look at what they have posted, and think about whether this subject really is worth such venomous arguing over, and whether their behaviour is something to be proud of. It's just skiing, nothing important, certainly not worth raising your blood pressure over.
snow conditions
Goodness, just like London buses. Earlier on we could have done with a moderator, now look, 4 turn up at once. Smile
latest report
Dont you call my husband Bignose
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy